I could use some help please.

nick15420

Honorable
May 20, 2012
I bought a refurbished pc recently, and upgraded a majority of it. It worked fine for a few months, then I began to get these frustrating problems. Screen would go black, and require me to restart it, and multiple bsod. The problem comes as goes, and I can't find a solution to it. And I'm also horrible when it comes to computers, so that could play a part in it also. The BSOD's I've been getting are: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, and the most recent one, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I have no clue what to do anymore with this rig. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Specs:
Win 7 Pro
Phenom (tm) II X6 1045T Processor
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
8gb of DDR RAM.

The rest I have no clue about. Sorry.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Well if you upgraded the majority of it you need to know some additional specs. Please look and provide the brand and model number of your power supply. Also list every item in the system (HDD size and is there more than 1; is there an optical cd/dvd drive and how many; etc.). How many fans are on the case? Do you know the case brand and model? The issue(s) could be bad memory, undersized PSU and heat. When do you blue screen? Random during gaming or when some other program is running? Have you changed any settings in the bios since you got it?

nick15420

Honorable
May 20, 2012
psu: CoolMax VL-600b 600w
HDD: Only 1, with 1tb of space.
CD/DVD: Hewlett-Packard CDDVDW TS-H653T
Mainboard: FOXCONN 2AB1
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
CPU: Phenom (tm) II X6 1045T
RAM: 2 Sticks w/ 4096gb each DDR3-SDRAM
Fans: I have 2 fans on the case.
Case: I have no clue honestly. Still using the HP case it came with.
Network Card: Realtek Semiconductor RTL8101 PCIe Fast Ethernet Adapter
Chipset: AMD 785G

that's the most of the info i could scrape together. If you need any other info please tell me.

It tends to blue screen randomly. Sometimes during gaming, sometimes while browsing the web, sometimes while doing nothing. And no, I have not changed any settings in the Bios what so ever.

That's a Chokemax PSU. Your system would run easily on a real 500W PSU, actually capable of cleanly producing its labeled amperages, but yours is an obsolete, overrated design, likely running on its ragged edge, and voltage fluctuations could be causing your instability (hopefully no real damage has yet been caused). Regardless of whether or not other tests indicate a bad RAM stick, you should replace the PSU as well. A good deal right now is a 520W 80+ bronze Seasonic modular on Newegg for $60 + shipping. They've also got a lesser (but still good) 550W Antec BP for $55 with free shipping.

G

googling the 4 errors you posted 2 have to do with either the memory and or HD having a problem the other 2 with a flonky driver.
for a the possible hardware issue:
after or before you run memtest as scout suggested run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. you must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition.
for the driver issue:
that foxconn board may have outdated chipset drivers, see if you can find newer ones. and make sure that HD 7850 has an updated version.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
In addition to looniam's right on comments, I would also suspect you may be having heat issues. A simple test is to remove the side panel of the case and use the system. If the BSD stop you will then be well served by getting a new case with adequate air flow. From what I have read, the PSU is not one of the best. The Seasonic recommended above would be a good choice. The main issue with it is it's design, it can not deliver the specified rating. It is not that you need 600W. But if the unit is stressed by heat and demand it can go out of spec. and cause the system to exhibit memory instability and other symptoms that cause a BSD. There is no way for you to test the PSU. If it were to be tested it needs to be done under load by a qualified and properly equipped service center. So you need to trouble shoot by a process of elimination. So run memtest; ChkDsk; make sure all your drivers are up to date and see if having more ventilation helps. If none of these does I would look to the PSU as a possible cause. By the way, was the system running ok before you started to upgrade? What did you upgrade?