320x480 Palm Mapping Software?

May 28, 2004 8:09:05 PM

Archived from groups: sci.geo.satellite-nav,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Is there any software to show street maps on a Palm PDA with a 320x480
display? I contacted DeLorme, but was told Street Atlas USA 2004
Handheld for the Palm OS is only 320x320.

I know the Garmin unit has 320x480 mapping, but I don't want the bulk of
integrated GPS. (You *can* still use maps without GPS you know :)

Another requirement is to use maps straight from an add-on memory card.

I know I could run 320x320 mapping software on my new Palm, but I want
to use that extra 320x160 area - heck, that area alone is twice as many
pixels as my m515 had in total!

Thanks.
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 3:55:52 AM

Archived from groups: sci.geo.satellite-nav,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

As usual, they lied to you. I am using Delorme Street Atlas 2000 Handheld on
my Sony Clié UX-50 at 480x320 (its natural landscape display) with the help
of CodeDiver version 1.1 Beta 6. I believe CodeDiver handles portrait
displays too - but I don't know which version you need.

Bye.

"timeOday" <timeOday-UNSPAM@theknack.net> wrote in message

> Is there any software to show street maps on a Palm PDA with a 320x480
> display? I contacted DeLorme, but was told Street Atlas USA 2004
> Handheld for the Palm OS is only 320x320.
>
> I know the Garmin unit has 320x480 mapping, but I don't want the bulk of
> integrated GPS. (You *can* still use maps without GPS you know :)
>
> Another requirement is to use maps straight from an add-on memory card.
>
> I know I could run 320x320 mapping software on my new Palm, but I want
> to use that extra 320x160 area - heck, that area alone is twice as many
> pixels as my m515 had in total!
>
> Thanks.
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 4:28:32 AM

Archived from groups: sci.geo.satellite-nav,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"timeOday" <timeOday-UNSPAM@theknack.net> wrote in message

> Is there any software to show street maps on a Palm PDA with a 320x480
> display? I contacted DeLorme, but was told Street Atlas USA 2004
> Handheld for the Palm OS is only 320x320.
>
> I know the Garmin unit has 320x480 mapping, but I don't want the bulk of
> integrated GPS. (You *can* still use maps without GPS you know :)
>
> Another requirement is to use maps straight from an add-on memory card.
>
> I know I could run 320x320 mapping software on my new Palm, but I want
> to use that extra 320x160 area - heck, that area alone is twice as many
> pixels as my m515 had in total!
>
> Thanks.

I am using Mapopolis and it goes full screen 320x480 on my Zodiac 2.
www.tapwave.com for the Zodiac
www.mapopolis.com for the Mapopolis map software.

Regards,

-Skon
May 29, 2004 4:36:33 AM

On Fri, 28 May 2004 23:55:52 GMT, "David Sommers" <dsommers@acm.org>
wrote:

>> Is there any software to show street maps on a Palm PDA with a 320x480
>> display? I contacted DeLorme, but was told Street Atlas USA 2004
>> Handheld for the Palm OS is only 320x320.
>>
>> Another requirement is to use maps straight from an add-on memory card.

mapopolis v1.3x will do what you need.
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 9:45:53 AM

"David Sommers" <dsommers@acm.org> wrote in message
> As usual, they lied to you. I am using Delorme Street Atlas 2000 Handheld
on
> my Sony Clié UX-50 at 480x320 (its natural landscape display) with the
help
> of CodeDiver version 1.1 Beta 6. I believe CodeDiver handles portrait
> displays too - but I don't know which version you need.
>
> Bye.

SNIP

SA 2004 HH works just fine on my T3 either landscape of portrait, the only
problem is that it doesn't use the full screen. The virtual grafitti area
pops up and cannot be disabled. Sure would be nice to use the whole screen.

TC
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 2:01:28 PM

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "David Sommers" <dsommers@acm.org> wrote in message
> > As usual, they lied to you. I am using Delorme Street Atlas 2000
Handheld
> on
> > my Sony Clié UX-50 at 480x320 (its natural landscape display) with the
> help
> > of CodeDiver version 1.1 Beta 6. I believe CodeDiver handles portrait
> > displays too - but I don't know which version you need.

CodeDiver works for the portrait screen of the Garmin iQue. Not tried with
mapping.

Jonas Lonnroth
Brussels
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 2:45:11 PM

Archived from groups: sci.geo.satellite-nav,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

CodeDiver is designed to allow you to use the full screen with applications
such as SA 2004 HH.

Bye.

!