Using MN-700 Base Station as network adapter for Xbox/PS2

I have a quick question which seems obvious. The price
of an MN-700 Base station is 1/2 the price for an XboX
adapter. My PS2 came with an ethernet card. Can't I
just set-up an MN-700 as an Access Point (i.e., client)
on a PC and then use that as an ethernet bridge on the
wireless network for my PS2? I mean. this is way
overkill technologically, but the price of an adapter is
~$100 while the MN-700 is $49.95.

---* Ken
3 answers Last reply
More about using base station network adapter xbox

    won't work. it can't be an access point client or ethernet to wireless
    bridge. sorry.

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Barb,

    You were right...it doesn't work as a wireless access
    point or ethernet bridge :-(

    The Target stores in my area had the Xbox adapter on
    clearance for $17. Don't know if this was a local fluke
    but might be worth checking out if you have one nearby.

Routers PlayStation Ethernet Card Xbox Networking