Motorola V600 - any good?

Last response: in Brands
February 12, 2005 8:16:16 PM

I am looking to buy a flip phone and have been offered a V600 at a
very good price. However, I've read a few reports about flaky units
and bad contact handling, could anyone comment on this phone please?

many thanks

Ted
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

More about : motorola v600 good

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 4:34:20 PM

13/02/2005 11:36:07

KH <kimharbour@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

<420f3ba7_1@news.iprimus.com.au>

> Hi Ted,

> I purchased a v600 in June 2004 and the only tech prob that I have

> experienced is the phone sometimes switched itself off when I
closed it

> after a call....the screen reverted to saying "Enter Sim Pin."
Anyway, after

> taking it to my phone dealer the problem was resolved with the
battery being

> removed and reinserted, and then the phone having a quick clean
with what

> looked like a very small dust-brush. The phone has fantastic
features but

> the only disappointment that I have had is the amount of SMS that
it can

> hold. 19-20 in the inbox and about 50 in the outbox and its full
(if you are

> big on SMS go for a Nokia!). Overall, I rate the phone as pretty
good with

> alot of features....including the Mobile Phone Tools software that
came with

> it, the free Bluetooth headset, the ability to change the colour of
the

> cover to red, blue etc (separate purchase), the amount of photo's
that it

> stores (can be uploaded to computer with software), awesome
ringtones

> readily available and many other funky things. I would recommend
the v600 as

> I have done to many friends who have since purchased it and are
happy. Good

> Luck!

> Cheers,

> Kim

Thanks Kim - I appreciate you taking the time to write. I want a flip
phone so I will be replacing my Sony Ericsson K700i with this one. I
wonder if you have seen/used this phone and if so wonder how they
compare?

Many thanks again.
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:36:07 AM

"Ted Rogers" <ted@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 56dnao8aex9pJPfRVnytQ@giganews.com...
>I am looking to buy a flip phone and have been offered a V600 at a
> very good price. However, I've read a few reports about flaky units
> and bad contact handling, could anyone comment on this phone please?
>
> many thanks
>

> Ted
> --
> Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/
February 14, 2005 1:36:08 AM

> I purchased a v600 in June 2004 and the only tech prob that I have
> experienced is the phone sometimes switched itself off when I closed it
> after a call....

I got two V600s in September 2004, and i`ve seen assorted problems with
them from crashes to refusal to charge the battery. One (two?) crash(es)
was severe enough to prevent on/off from working, and removing /
reinserting the battery was the only way to get it going again.

As far as refusing to charge goes, disconnecting and reconnecting the
charger for a couple of minutes resolved it, and it only did this the
once.

In all honesty, I haven`t been inspired by the robustness compared to my
old Nokia 5110 which I had for about 5 years without a single crash.
Sure, the old one "did" nothing other than be a phone, but that doesn`t
mean you should release new technology without ironing out the bugs...

For what its worth, i`ve just replaced the 5110 with an 1100 keeping the
same SIM as it still had credit on there :-p

February 14, 2005 1:04:13 PM

TEd,
I havent used the Ericsson k700i but I did have an Ericsson T68i and that
was a good little phone...limited accessories available tho and I didnt like
the 'joystick' feature to navigate. I will admit (as Colin Wilson has
posted), that Nokia's are the best phones and I know that my next phone will
be a Nokia!
Good Luck,

news:o OydnWxNCNEWypLfRVnyrg@giganews.com...

!