Motorola V600 - any good?

I am looking to buy a flip phone and have been offered a V600 at a
very good price. However, I've read a few reports about flaky units
and bad contact handling, could anyone comment on this phone please?

many thanks

Ted
--
Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/
4 answers Last reply

    13/02/2005 11:36:07

    KH <kimharbour@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

    <420f3ba7_1@news.iprimus.com.au>

    > Hi Ted,

    > I purchased a v600 in June 2004 and the only tech prob that I have

    > experienced is the phone sometimes switched itself off when I
    closed it

    > after a call....the screen reverted to saying "Enter Sim Pin."
    Anyway, after

    > taking it to my phone dealer the problem was resolved with the
    battery being

    > removed and reinserted, and then the phone having a quick clean
    with what

    > looked like a very small dust-brush. The phone has fantastic
    features but

    > the only disappointment that I have had is the amount of SMS that
    it can

    > hold. 19-20 in the inbox and about 50 in the outbox and its full
    (if you are

    > big on SMS go for a Nokia!). Overall, I rate the phone as pretty
    good with

    > alot of features....including the Mobile Phone Tools software that
    came with

    > it, the free Bluetooth headset, the ability to change the colour of
    the

    > cover to red, blue etc (separate purchase), the amount of photo's
    that it

    > stores (can be uploaded to computer with software), awesome
    ringtones

    > readily available and many other funky things. I would recommend
    the v600 as

    > I have done to many friends who have since purchased it and are
    happy. Good

    > Luck!

    > Cheers,

    > Kim

    Thanks Kim - I appreciate you taking the time to write. I want a flip
    phone so I will be replacing my Sony Ericsson K700i with this one. I
    wonder if you have seen/used this phone and if so wonder how they
    compare?

    Many thanks again.
    --

    "Ted Rogers" <ted@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am looking to buy a flip phone and have been offered a V600 at a
    > very good price. However, I've read a few reports about flaky units
    > and bad contact handling, could anyone comment on this phone please?
    >
    > many thanks
    >

    > Ted
    > --
    > Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/

    > I purchased a v600 in June 2004 and the only tech prob that I have
    > experienced is the phone sometimes switched itself off when I closed it
    > after a call....

    I got two V600s in September 2004, and i`ve seen assorted problems with
    them from crashes to refusal to charge the battery. One (two?) crash(es)
    was severe enough to prevent on/off from working, and removing /
    reinserting the battery was the only way to get it going again.

    As far as refusing to charge goes, disconnecting and reconnecting the
    charger for a couple of minutes resolved it, and it only did this the
    once.

    In all honesty, I haven`t been inspired by the robustness compared to my
    old Nokia 5110 which I had for about 5 years without a single crash.
    Sure, the old one "did" nothing other than be a phone, but that doesn`t
    mean you should release new technology without ironing out the bugs...

    For what its worth, i`ve just replaced the 5110 with an 1100 keeping the
    same SIM as it still had credit on there :-p

    TEd,
    I havent used the Ericsson k700i but I did have an Ericsson T68i and that
    was a good little phone...limited accessories available tho and I didnt like
    the 'joystick' feature to navigate. I will admit (as Colin Wilson has
    posted), that Nokia's are the best phones and I know that my next phone will
    be a Nokia!
    Good Luck,

    > 13/02/2005 11:36:07
    >
    > KH <kimharbour@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
    >
    > <420f3ba7_1@news.iprimus.com.au>
    >

    >> Hi Ted,
    >
    >> I purchased a v600 in June 2004 and the only tech prob that I have
    >
    >> experienced is the phone sometimes switched itself off when I
    > closed it
    >
    >> after a call....the screen reverted to saying "Enter Sim Pin."
    > Anyway, after
    >
    >> taking it to my phone dealer the problem was resolved with the
    > battery being
    >
    >> removed and reinserted, and then the phone having a quick clean
    > with what
    >
    >> looked like a very small dust-brush. The phone has fantastic
    > features but
    >
    >> the only disappointment that I have had is the amount of SMS that
    > it can
    >
    >> hold. 19-20 in the inbox and about 50 in the outbox and its full
    > (if you are
    >
    >> big on SMS go for a Nokia!). Overall, I rate the phone as pretty
    > good with
    >
    >> alot of features....including the Mobile Phone Tools software that
    > came with
    >
    >> it, the free Bluetooth headset, the ability to change the colour of
    > the
    >
    >> cover to red, blue etc (separate purchase), the amount of photo's
    > that it
    >
    >> stores (can be uploaded to computer with software), awesome
    > ringtones
    >
    >> readily available and many other funky things. I would recommend
    > the v600 as
    >
    >> I have done to many friends who have since purchased it and are
    > happy. Good
    >
    >> Luck!
    >
    >> Cheers,
    >
    >> Kim
    >

    > Thanks Kim - I appreciate you taking the time to write. I want a flip
    > phone so I will be replacing my Sony Ericsson K700i with this one. I
    > wonder if you have seen/used this phone and if so wonder how they
    > compare?
    >
    > Many thanks again.
    > --
    > Composed with Newz Crawler 1.7 http://www.newzcrawler.com/