john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I purchased the MS wireless base station and one adaptor
for my laptop. I got the internet to work almost
flawlessly, however, I can't get my computers to see
eachother. The Workgroup name is the same.

Could it be that Norton's Intenet security is interfering?

If not what else could be the problem. Thanks in advance

Two things: (1) one computer has be sharing its
files/printers, (2) map a network drive from the first PC
to the "Shared Docs" of the other PC which has shared
files/printers. As far as mapping the network drive, use
the IP set for the sharing PC by the the DHCP server of
the base station. You can make this a static IP if you
want.

Help?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

i found that adding netbeui protocol to all adaptors
involved solved the peer-to-peer networking problems for
me...i dont know if it creates any potential issues, though

By default, NIS would block the file sharing ports.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -