Sign in with
Your question

SB Live! PCI Input Controller and a PCI Early VGA

Last response: in Components
November 27, 2002 5:43:00 AM

Greetings,

I just replaced my MB and added a sound card that I got from a couple of friends and I didn't format the hard drive. MB is a Aopen AX6BC and the sound card is a Sound Blaster Live! Gamer.

Here's my dilemma:

Sound card is not recognized. I have a PCI input Controller and a PCI Early VGA under other in my System configuration. I delete them and reboot and it looks for drivers for them but no such look.
I updated the bois and I am unable to install the Sound Blaster driver for it says there is none in my system. (I downloaded the driver from creative)

Any one have an idea? I should just format but man I hate doing those updates on a dial-up from Microsoft.....

It's not wise to upset a Wookie.

More about : live pci input controller pci early vga

November 28, 2002 12:22:19 AM

Well I formated my hard drive - the PCI Input Controller is related to my joystick plug in on the sound card so I installed the generic driver - that's fixed and now I still have an Unkown PCI Early VGA. I enalbe PnP OS in Bois.

Anyway I can put a driver in with out it looking to see it the card is installed?
I have a sound blaster live 5.1 (ct4760)

December 2, 2002 2:49:10 AM

fixed my problem. Thought I'd post how I did.
I put a /w switch after the downloaded driver from soundblaster in the run command. The /w switch prevented the installation file from looking to see if the card was installed. After the driver installed it looked for the card again and found it.

!