Fostex D-160 Drive

I picked up a used Fostex D-160 recorder a while back so that I could do
some location recording, then be able to dump into ProTools via the ADAT
pipe. The problem is that the drive that is in the unit isn't large
enough to record 16 tracks for very long. Not a good thing for capturing
a live show. I've tried without success to find where I could find
larger drives, checking both with Fostex, who have been no help at all,
to third party manufacturers. Does anyone know where I can find someone
who makes a suitable drive for this unit? 30 gig would be nice, but I
can even live with 10. Or should I just break down and get another
recorder for location stuff?
Thanks
jim
4 answers Last reply
More about fostex drive

    Hi Jim,

    Check out the information on the Yahoo gruop 'fdug' and also the Home
    Recording Fostex group ( http://homerecording.com/bbs/ ). Lots of good info
    in both places. And in case you haven't seen it here's the Fostex D160 HD
    chart : http://www.fostex.co.jp/int/hdlist/d160.html

    In particular, Ronny Morris on the FDUG group is very active and
    knowledgable regarding the use of the Fostex D series recorders. Below is
    part of a recent thread that may be useful to you.

    Best of luck!

    John L Rice
    Drummer@ImJohn.com