v525 - MPT - "Comm Port Installation Failed"

Dear All,

I hope that someone can assist me.

When I try to change the phone (in Motorola Phone Tools) to a v525 from v500
.... I get to the part where I swap PINS then I get this "Comm Port
Installation Failed" error message.

The details of my setup are:

Phone : Motorola v525
Dongle : MSI pc2pc Bluetooth
PC: Toshiba Tecra A2 (1.5GHz) 512Mb RAM and plenty of HDD space
OS: Windows XP Professional (SP2)
MPT version: 3.18e1 12/03/2004 and it states:
Microsoft Windows XP (5.01.2600)
Service Pack 2
Pentium Mode
RAM Memory : 496 MB
Memory used: 29%
Motorola - V500 (1/1)
Initializing modem...

I connected the same phone to a different laptop, using the same dongle and
as I recall, that was a nightmare, too.

Any help appreciated.

Sean
sanderson@[no-spam]alden.co.uk (please remove [no-spam] from email to
reply)
4 answers Last reply
More about v525 comm port installation failed

    Can you connect with a cable? I'm trying to understand if the problem is
    only BT related or COM port related (or both).

    From:SA
    reply@group.com

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I hope that someone can assist me.
    >
    > When I try to change the phone (in Motorola Phone Tools) to a v525
    > from v500 ... I get to the part where I swap PINS then I get this
    > "Comm Port Installation Failed" error message.
    >
    > The details of my setup are:
    >
    > Phone : Motorola v525
    > Dongle : MSI pc2pc Bluetooth
    > PC: Toshiba Tecra A2 (1.5GHz) 512Mb RAM and plenty of HDD space
    > OS: Windows XP Professional (SP2)
    > MPT version: 3.18e1 12/03/2004 and it states:
    > Microsoft Windows XP (5.01.2600)
    > Service Pack 2
    > Pentium Mode
    > RAM Memory : 496 MB
    > Memory used: 29%
    > Motorola - V500 (1/1)
    > Initializing modem...
    >
    > I connected the same phone to a different laptop, using the same
    > dongle and as I recall, that was a nightmare, too.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Sean
    > sanderson@[no-spam]alden.co.uk (please remove [no-spam] from email to
    > reply)

    I don't possess a cable and I am not sure if the phone can be connected with
    such.

    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > Can you connect with a cable? I'm trying to understand if the problem is
    > only BT related or COM port related (or both).
    >
    > From:SA
    > reply@group.com
    >
    >> Dear All,
    >>
    >> I hope that someone can assist me.
    >>
    >> When I try to change the phone (in Motorola Phone Tools) to a v525
    >> from v500 ... I get to the part where I swap PINS then I get this
    >> "Comm Port Installation Failed" error message.
    >>
    >> The details of my setup are:
    >>
    >> Phone : Motorola v525
    >> Dongle : MSI pc2pc Bluetooth
    >> PC: Toshiba Tecra A2 (1.5GHz) 512Mb RAM and plenty of HDD space
    >> OS: Windows XP Professional (SP2)
    >> MPT version: 3.18e1 12/03/2004 and it states:
    >> Microsoft Windows XP (5.01.2600)
    >> Service Pack 2
    >> Pentium Mode
    >> RAM Memory : 496 MB
    >> Memory used: 29%
    >> Motorola - V500 (1/1)
    >> Initializing modem...
    >>
    >> I connected the same phone to a different laptop, using the same
    >> dongle and as I recall, that was a nightmare, too.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated.
    >>
    >> Sean
    >> sanderson@[no-spam]alden.co.uk (please remove [no-spam] from email to
    >> reply)

    You can get a cable on ebay for a few dollars but in the meantime read
    this for more BT help:
    http://brobin111.blogspot.com

    From:SA
    reply@group.com

    > I don't possess a cable and I am not sure if the phone can be
    > connected with such.
    >
    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >> Can you connect with a cable? I'm trying to understand if the
    >> problem is only BT related or COM port related (or both).
    >>
    >> From:SA
    >> reply@group.com
    >>
    >>> Dear All,
    >>>
    >>> I hope that someone can assist me.
    >>>
    >>> When I try to change the phone (in Motorola Phone Tools) to a v525
    >>> from v500 ... I get to the part where I swap PINS then I get this
    >>> "Comm Port Installation Failed" error message.
    >>>
    >>> The details of my setup are:
    >>>
    >>> Phone : Motorola v525
    >>> Dongle : MSI pc2pc Bluetooth
    >>> PC: Toshiba Tecra A2 (1.5GHz) 512Mb RAM and plenty of HDD space
    >>> OS: Windows XP Professional (SP2)
    >>> MPT version: 3.18e1 12/03/2004 and it states:
    >>> Microsoft Windows XP (5.01.2600)
    >>> Service Pack 2
    >>> Pentium Mode
    >>> RAM Memory : 496 MB
    >>> Memory used: 29%
    >>> Motorola - V500 (1/1)
    >>> Initializing modem...
    >>>
    >>> I connected the same phone to a different laptop, using the same
    >>> dongle and as I recall, that was a nightmare, too.
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Sean
    >>> sanderson@[no-spam]alden.co.uk (please remove [no-spam] from email
    >>> to reply)

    Thanks, I will try the instructions on your website.

    > You can get a cable on ebay for a few dollars but in the meantime read
    > this for more BT help:
    > http://brobin111.blogspot.com
    >
    > From:SA
    > reply@group.com
    >
    >> I don't possess a cable and I am not sure if the phone can be
    >> connected with such.
    >>
    >> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >>> Can you connect with a cable? I'm trying to understand if the
    >>> problem is only BT related or COM port related (or both).
    >>>
    >>> From:SA
    >>> reply@group.com

Motorola Comm Port Phones