asmodyus

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
So I have been trying for months to figure out this issue and I cannot come up with anything at all. I think it's my internet connection but I am not sure so I come to these forums to see if you guys can help me figure out what’s my issue could be.

So Basically when I am browsing on my internet be EI9 or Firefox or chrome, I will click on a page and it will delay for a couple seconds and come back with problem loading page error, and I will sit there for about 30 seconds to a minute constantly try to refresh the page before finally it loads. Sometime it loads but it only text and it’s all pushed to the left side of the screen and I have to refresh several times before it pulls the full page.

At first I thought it was my connection is cutting out, but my vent or team speak will not be affected or any online game if I am running at the sometime and I am using the browser. But it also happens when I do not have those programs loaded in the background so it cannot be the online programs causing the delay. This happens all the time, and almost every day and can be frequent or I can be hours before it happens.

asmodyus

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
Now I have checked and deactivated my firewalls, run several types of malware programs, checked the router to see if it firewall was up nothing to seems to fix this issue.

ubobill

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Could be several different things happening here.

First I would ping your IP and give us the text results.

Open up CMD and type ping [your ip here] > ping.txt (Ignore the brackets)

I would make sure your router has the latest firmware and if not update it.

Make sure there is no cordless phone hooked up near your router with the same frequency.

You can try resetting your router to default. Hold in the reset button and unplug the power cord. Wait 30 seconds and plug the power cord back in while still holding the reset button in. Keep the reset button held in for 15 seconds and let go. Let it boot up and see if you are still experiencing issues.

You can Click on Network Connections, right click on the wireless network connection, scroll down to TCP/IP, click on the label to highlight it, click on properties, click on obtain IP address automatically (obtain DNS server address automatically is automatically selected), click on ok and try and load your websites.

Make sure your internet is not working offline.

My last suggestion is to download CCleaner and run this. Analyze and delete all temp files, leaving it on default is ok. Scan for registry errors and take care of those as well.
Check your temp folder and make sure it's clear, if not delete the contents.

To get to your temp folder load up windows explorer and click on tools > folder options > view > Show Hidden files turn on. Apply.

Now go to C:/Users/[Admin or whatever user name you are on]/AppData/Local/Temp

Clear that folder out.

asmodyus

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
Pinging 96.254.154.11 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 96.254.154.11: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 96.254.154.11: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 96.254.154.11:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms

Here is that info. So I have done everything over and over again that you have listed in the past several months. I have ran several different virus and spyware software and nothing seems to fix even a new copy windows did not fix it. I have even called Fios and they say nothing is wrong on there end.

It's basically only a browser issue it can be any browser when it happens I know I do not completely lose internet connection. Because I have multiple monitors and I can be on my online games or using vent or team speak and it will happen and nothing will happen to the any of the online programs just the browser. Now this happens when I click a link, try to do a Google search, or type in a web page. Its intermittent and it happens all the time and for the life of me I cannot seem to figure out why.

ubobill

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
We can try and do a process of elimination.

Can you plug directly into your modem eliminating the router and see if the issue persists?

Can you plug directly into the router that is connected to the modem and see if the issue persists?

I am assuming right now you are connected wirelessly. Does this happen solely on your PC, or does this happen on other PC's in house as well?

asmodyus

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
Actually no I am hooked straight into the router which is also my modem fios. My wife says she has some issue but no where near my frequency or I believe she would have thrown her computer though a window shes a little hot headed :).