news:e15h2QuNEHA.3988@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> http://news.com.com/2100-7351_3-5209677.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news
>
> --
> Brian Sullivan
> Meeting by Wire ( http://www.meetingbywire.com)
> ------------
> Is your PC protected? --
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

No big surprise to anyone watching store shelves recently. Will MS ever
deliver firmware upgrades (i.e. so that WPA actually works)?

If this is true, it's too bad there won't be any new products.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Brian Sullivan MVP" <brians@WORMTIREDmeetingbywire.com> wrote in message
> http://news.com.com/2100-7351_3-5209677.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news
>
> --
> Brian Sullivan
> Meeting by Wire ( http://www.meetingbywire.com)
> ------------
> Is your PC protected? --
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

And it means they are not going to fix the PPPoE problems on the MN-700
--
Bob Benedetti
"Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> If this is true, it's too bad there won't be any new products.
>
> --
> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> "Brian Sullivan MVP" <brians@WORMTIREDmeetingbywire.com> wrote in message
>> http://news.com.com/2100-7351_3-5209677.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news
>>
>> --
>> Brian Sullivan
>> Meeting by Wire ( http://www.meetingbywire.com)
>> ------------
>> Is your PC protected? --
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

They are still going to support the products that are currently out for the
next two years.

There will be an update for the MN700 coming out in the near future... with
added functionality (loopback support) and fixes...

--

"Bob Benedetti" <bob.benedetti@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> And it means they are not going to fix the PPPoE problems on the MN-700
> --
> Bob Benedetti
> "Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> > If this is true, it's too bad there won't be any new products.
> >
> > --
> > Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
> >
> > Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
> >
> > "Brian Sullivan MVP" <brians@WORMTIREDmeetingbywire.com> wrote in
message

http://news.com.com/2100-7351_3-5209677.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news

> >> --
> >> Brian Sullivan
> >> Meeting by Wire ( http://www.meetingbywire.com)
> >> ------------
> >> Is your PC protected? --
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

Not a big surprise since many retailers are "blowing out" Microsoft Wi-Fi
products. Office Depot currently has the MN-700 for $37, MN-720 for $29,
MN-500 for $21, and the MN-520 for $17. They told me those are clearance
prices and will not be getting more, though at those prices they're
impossible to find in the stores now. Too bad... I think Microsoft makes
some darn good Wi-Fi stuff.

"Brian Sullivan MVP" <brians@WORMTIREDmeetingbywire.com> wrote in message
> http://news.com.com/2100-7351_3-5209677.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news
>
> --
> Brian Sullivan
> Meeting by Wire ( http://www.meetingbywire.com)
> ------------
> Is your PC protected? --
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

Try Amazon.com. They certainly had the MN-700 earlier today
www.coribright.com

"mn700fan" <mn700fan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not a big surprise since many retailers are "blowing out" Microsoft Wi-Fi
> products. Office Depot currently has the MN-700 for $37, MN-720 for $29,
> MN-500 for $21, and the MN-520 for $17. They told me those are clearance
> prices and will not be getting more, though at those prices they're
> impossible to find in the stores now. Too bad... I think Microsoft makes
> some darn good Wi-Fi stuff.
>
> "Brian Sullivan MVP" <brians@WORMTIREDmeetingbywire.com> wrote in message
> > http://news.com.com/2100-7351_3-5209677.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news
> >
> > --
> > Brian Sullivan
> > Meeting by Wire ( http://www.meetingbywire.com)
> > ------------
> > Is your PC protected? --
> > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

"I think Microsoft makes some darn good Wi-Fi stuff."

I wouldn't say 'darn good' - more like barely passable. MN-700 works as a
pass thru AP but is a totally useless router. Maybe the whole product line
was a co-op student's project (no intention to malign co-op students - I was
one once).

"mn700fan" <mn700fan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not a big surprise since many retailers are "blowing out" Microsoft Wi-Fi
> products. Office Depot currently has the MN-700 for $37, MN-720 for $29,
> MN-500 for $21, and the MN-520 for $17. They told me those are clearance
> prices and will not be getting more, though at those prices they're
> impossible to find in the stores now. Too bad... I think Microsoft makes
> some darn good Wi-Fi stuff.
>
> "Brian Sullivan MVP" <brians@WORMTIREDmeetingbywire.com> wrote in message
> > http://news.com.com/2100-7351_3-5209677.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=news
> >
> > --
> > Brian Sullivan
> > Meeting by Wire ( http://www.meetingbywire.com)
> > ------------
> > Is your PC protected? --
> > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

This isn't surprising considering that fact that I've heard from lots of
sources that Microsoft hardware is the most returned wireless hardware in
the industry (the G routers, not the B routers). As an example... Staples
used to sell truck loads of the stuff, but I haven't seen Microsoft gear
sold at staples in some time... I asked the guy why and he told me they
stopped carrying it because the G hardware suffered from too may returns to
the store. He also said a recent deal with Netsys to carry their routers
probably didn't help things either... :-/
--
rm

Please remove "nospam" from email address to send email.