Where to get Replacement SONY parts for MDR-7506 headphones?

Last response: in Home Audio
November 18, 2004 5:08:37 AM

I cannot presently locate the Exploded View Parts Diagram that comes with
every MDR-7506 despite the fact that I own about four pairs of these
headphones....

I need to replace the left yoke (that attaches the ear cup to the headband).

Does anyone have the CURRENT contact info for Sony PROFESSIONAL parts and/or
happen to know if the exploded view diagram is posted online anywhere and/or
knows the part number and/or could e-mail me a scan of the diagram?

The "Official Sony Direct Accessories and Parts Center" site
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/index.jsp
is useless as far as I can determine, and the telephone number they list for
Customer Service results in irrelevant menu choice mazes.

Thanks. I've posted this only after several unsuccessful web and newsgroup
searches.

(Next time I'll scan the parts diagram and keep it on my computer as a PDF
file.)

R.P.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 5:50:00 AM

Robert:

Do a search in this forum. Within the past year, there was a big
discussion about this and several people suggested places to order
from.

Same earpads fit the MDR-V6 and 7506 so do a search with those and
"replacement" and "ear pads" and you should find it.

Best,
Audy O

Robert Poss <rmposs@pipeline.com> wrote in message news:<BDC16E54.63BFE%rmposs@pipeline.com>...
> I cannot presently locate the Exploded View Parts Diagram that comes with
> every MDR-7506 despite the fact that I own about four pairs of these
> headphones....
>
> I need to replace the left yoke (that attaches the ear cup to the headband).
>
> Does anyone have the CURRENT contact info for Sony PROFESSIONAL parts and/or
> happen to know if the exploded view diagram is posted online anywhere and/or
> knows the part number and/or could e-mail me a scan of the diagram?
>
> The "Official Sony Direct Accessories and Parts Center" site
> http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/index.jsp
> is useless as far as I can determine, and the telephone number they list for
> Customer Service results in irrelevant menu choice mazes.
>
> Thanks. I've posted this only after several unsuccessful web and newsgroup
> searches.
>
> (Next time I'll scan the parts diagram and keep it on my computer as a PDF
> file.)
>
> R.P.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 5:56:09 PM

On 11/18/04 5:50 AM, in article
6e9dc628.0411180249.61ea8872@posting.google.com, "Audy"
<audy@audykimura.com> wrote:

> Same earpads fit the MDR-V6 and 7506 so do a search with those and
> "replacement" and "ear pads" and you should find it.

Thanks. Actually, replacement ear pads are quite easy to find. Many of my
usual suppliers (Turner Audio, Trew, etc.) sell them, and I have bought many
replacements over the years.

I was looking for (and thanks to the gracious help of this newsgroup was
able to find and then order) the number for a specific replacement part,
Part No. 2-113-132-11 Hanger (Left).

I now have the Exploded View Diagram and Parts List on my hard drive.

-R
October 21, 2009 9:07:05 AM

It appears these parts are available thru the Sony Parts web site:

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx

Part #211313211 (Left Hanger) and #211313311 (Right Hanger). It's listed for model # MDRV6. It appears to be the same part.

Cost is $15.36 each.
February 11, 2013 2:30:56 PM

Could you email me the exploded diagram and parts list for these Sony MDR V6 / 7506 headphones? My email is david.putscher@verizon.net.

Quote: