iconicsin

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
hey guys so me and my 2 brother all play league at the same time and like literally every 3 seconds it'll lag and say attempting to connect and we keep going what could be causing this bad lag

RealBeast

Titan
Run pingtest.net in a browser to check your connection lag. Are you connected by wireless or Ethernet cables? Wireless has a bunch of potential interference issues to explore. InSSIDer is a good wireless diagnostic to start with, since it is free and will show all local wireless radio connections with channel and strength information: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

RealBeast

Titan
You can still get up to 25-30Mbps with a docsis 2.0 modem like that one, and it would not affect your latency unless it is malfunctioning. I only went from that modem to a SB6121 when I got a 50Mbps connection, the SB5101 worked fine up to 25Mpbs.

That said, it is an older modem and could be breaking down, but an equally likely issue is with your ISP. What kind of latency and jitter did you get from pingtest.net?

RealBeast

Titan

wacabletech

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
real beast is right, and you would not be getting lag from 3 people playing a video game at 25mbs connection speed so... Something else is going on.

192.168.100.1 if you can pull up the status page of your modem at the IP I gave, can you post the signal levels and logs?