Sign in with
Your question

Floppy Reads, Won't Write

Last response: in Components
November 29, 2002 12:46:31 PM

My floppy drive started giving me error message "disk is write protected" when I tried to write diskettes--old or new, not write protected, and that worked fine in other omputers. Drive was far from new, not worth trying to have repaired, so I replaced it. New drive has same problem. Reads fine, but gives same error message when trying to write. I have booted bare bones, uninstalled drive, and my Windows 98 OS recognized the drive and reinstalled it on boot-up. I appreciate any helpyou can give.

<<<Bob>>>

More about : floppy reads write

November 29, 2002 4:23:06 PM

See if you can find something in your bios saying anything about floppy settings.

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>
Related resources
December 2, 2002 10:21:52 AM

Thanks for your reply. I checked the bios and couldn't find anything about write-protecting floppies. I'll replace the cable next. <<<Bob>>>

<<<Bob>>>
December 5, 2002 3:02:37 AM

Did you "close the window" on the floppy itself?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
!