undo Norton Ghost Clone?

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
umm...lets just say i made a mistake today in a routine drive clone with Norton Ghost, cloning the blank drive to the drive with the data.....

Is there any way to undo this? (Will progs like disk doctor work?)

<font color=blue> If it ain't broke, don't fix it...tweak it.</font color=blue>

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Unless you want to spend a fortune on data-recovery, no. What you did was just as effective as format.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

I agree with Hammerbot Nortons Ghost is a pretty much permanent deal, I know its possible to unformat a drive if nothing at all has been written to it since formatting, but the Nortons cloning process is rather unique, if you do somehow manage a recovery, post back your results you may help someone else later. Go to the source and contact Nortons, they will definitely be able to tell you if its possible or not.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
I tried Unformat...recovered about 2 gigs of random junk, nothing i really needed. Oh well, Im back up and running now anyway. (after one LOOONGG night).

Thanks for the help anyway.

<font color=blue> If it ain't broke, don't fix it...tweak it.</font color=blue>