Want to Turn Off PC Card Radio

I sometimes use my laptop connected to a docking station
or wired LAN in our office and want to turn off the radio
in my wireless card when doing so. I had another
manufacturer's 802.11b card that allowed me to do that but
there does not seem to be a way to do that for the
Microsoft product. Does anyone know how to do this and
also turn it back on when undocked? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about want turn card radio

    I would have removed the card, and reinsert it to use it
    again...

    Otherwise, on XP, go to Network Connections and disable
    the wireless network connection. To turn it back on,
    reenable the connection.

    A third method requires to open the properties for the
    Wireless connection (you can do this by right-mouse
    clicking the wireless network icon on the docking bar on
    the bottom-right of the screen). I don't have a wireless
    laptop here, but if my memory doesn't fail me, one of the
    properties in a secondary dialog for the wireless card
    hardware says "radio." Select disable or enable.

Routers Radio Microsoft Networking