Sign in with
Your question

My task manager has 93 processes running am using email & 2 open windows in

Last response: in Windows 7
May 22, 2012 3:28:46 AM

I got a message that Firefox was usung too much something. That I needed to do something. I checked the Task Manager & there were 93 processes are running. I'm afraid to end anything because I don't which process to end.

I am running Win 7-64 bit on a fairly new Asus. I am a newbie. I ran an AVG scan, malwarebytes scan & a super anti spyware scan & the only thing that showed up were tracking cookies.
I have shut it down & restarted it several times, yet all those processes are still running. It has slowed down my computer. I don't know what else to try.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks
a b 1 Email
a c 352 $ Windows 7
May 22, 2012 5:28:18 PM

My system has 105 processes now with 3 apps open. "using too much something" is probably memory. Just reboot.

If you don't know how to check your computer for un-needed programs, check with a friend or someone that does.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 22, 2012 7:00:05 PM

Hi,

Hit your Start/Windows button in the bottom left hand side of the screen and then type "msconfig"

A box should open with 5 tabs on the top. The fourth one is "startup." Under that, there will be a list of every program that starts with your computer.

I usually disable almost everything. Application like Java will run an update checker application, Itunes installs a few services, such as ipod connectivity checker and other applications install multiple startup processes. Expand the application location and look at the installation path for more information about the application if the name doesn't mean much to you.
m
l
!