motorola v220

Tags:
  • Motorola
Last response: in Brands
February 23, 2005 1:58:18 AM

Hi!
I'm a NEWBIE to this group. I just received my brand spanking new v220.
However, being a newbie to this Motorola phone, I can not add to it..i.e.
music and whatever else I can probably do..
I have a USB cable that fits into it, (from my digital cam) My computer
acknowledges it's there, but it is not accessible
So I'd like to know how/what I need to do to get it register it there so I
can access it and what not!
Thanks
Matt

--

More about : motorola v220

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 7:43:12 AM

You'll need a copy of Mobile Phone Tools. You can buy it very cheap on
ebay. As long as it's version 2.11 or higher it will automatically
upgrade to the latest (3.19e) during installation. That will let you do
pretty much everything except upload games. Additional and somewhat
complex software and procedures are required for that.

From:Big Red
byob@nowhere.com

> Hi!
> I'm a NEWBIE to this group. I just received my brand spanking new
> v220. However, being a newbie to this Motorola phone, I can not add
> to it..i.e. music and whatever else I can probably do..
> I have a USB cable that fits into it, (from my digital cam) My
> computer acknowledges it's there, but it is not accessible
> So I'd like to know how/what I need to do to get it register it there
> so I can access it and what not!
> Thanks
> Matt

February 23, 2005 7:43:13 AM

Thanks! I'll look for it

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> You'll need a copy of Mobile Phone Tools. You can buy it very cheap on
> ebay. As long as it's version 2.11 or higher it will automatically upgrade
> to the latest (3.19e) during installation. That will let you do pretty
> much everything except upload games. Additional and somewhat complex
> software and procedures are required for that.
>
> From:Big Red
> byob@nowhere.com
>
>> Hi!
>> I'm a NEWBIE to this group. I just received my brand spanking new
>> v220. However, being a newbie to this Motorola phone, I can not add
>> to it..i.e. music and whatever else I can probably do..
>> I have a USB cable that fits into it, (from my digital cam) My
>> computer acknowledges it's there, but it is not accessible
>> So I'd like to know how/what I need to do to get it register it there
>> so I can access it and what not!
>> Thanks
>> Matt
>>

>> --

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 7:43:13 AM

Sorry one more thing...
Are you know as big red? I am too..i'm 6'2" 280lbs and I've got red
hair..just thought it was funny

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> You'll need a copy of Mobile Phone Tools. You can buy it very cheap on
> ebay. As long as it's version 2.11 or higher it will automatically upgrade
> to the latest (3.19e) during installation. That will let you do pretty
> much everything except upload games. Additional and somewhat complex
> software and procedures are required for that.
>
> From:Big Red
> byob@nowhere.com
>
>> Hi!
>> I'm a NEWBIE to this group. I just received my brand spanking new
>> v220. However, being a newbie to this Motorola phone, I can not add
>> to it..i.e. music and whatever else I can probably do..
>> I have a USB cable that fits into it, (from my digital cam) My
>> computer acknowledges it's there, but it is not accessible
>> So I'd like to know how/what I need to do to get it register it there
>> so I can access it and what not!
>> Thanks
>> Matt
>>

>> --

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:39:09 AM

No, not me. Your description sounds like my business partner though.

From:Big Red
byob@nowhere.com

> Sorry one more thing...
> Are you know as big red? I am too..i'm 6'2" 280lbs and I've got
> red hair..just thought it was funny
>

> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
>> You'll need a copy of Mobile Phone Tools. You can buy it very cheap
>> on ebay. As long as it's version 2.11 or higher it will
>> automatically upgrade to the latest (3.19e) during installation.
>> That will let you do pretty much everything except upload games.
>> Additional and somewhat complex software and procedures are required
>> for that. From:Big Red
>> byob@nowhere.com
>>
>>> Hi!
>>> I'm a NEWBIE to this group. I just received my brand spanking
>>> new v220. However, being a newbie to this Motorola phone, I can not
>>> add to it..i.e. music and whatever else I can probably do..
>>> I have a USB cable that fits into it, (from my digital cam) My
>>> computer acknowledges it's there, but it is not accessible
>>> So I'd like to know how/what I need to do to get it register it
>>> there so I can access it and what not!
>>> Thanks
>>> Matt
>>>

>>> --
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 3:18:25 PM

So what software /procedures are needed to upload games and what-not ?

thx

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 05:39:09 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>>No, not me. Your description sounds like my business partner though.
>>

>>From:Big Red
>>byob@nowhere.com
>>
>>> Sorry one more thing...
>>> Are you know as big red? I am too..i'm 6'2" 280lbs and I've got
>>> red hair..just thought it was funny
>>>

>>> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 11:13:56 PM

There's a detailed discussion on everything you need to do at the
Motorola section of www.howardforums.com. Take a look at that an then
let me know if you need a sources for the software. Bluetootooth make
the whole affair very simple but I don't think your phone has that.

From:niteowl_guy@yahoo.com
niteowl_guy@yahoo.com

!