Front Panel Power Switch

chasday

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
I would like to purchase a new Front Panel Power Switch for my case; 18-pin (2x9 configuration) as well as the cable that connects the switch to the motherboard. Are these switches available for retail purchase or are they normally included with buying a new case?
My present switch does not have a pin #14 and the panel connector on my old motherboard does not have a pin #14 either. I have purchased a new motherboard that has all 18 pins on the panel connector and I believe I need a power switch that has all 18 pins also. I'm not sure if the missing pin #14 is significant or not. Thanks, Chas

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Ehh what??? What are all those pins you talk about. All the front panel switches I have ever seen has only 2 pins. Can you be a bit more specific about what make/model computer/case that is?
Yes, the switch is part of the case. Why do you need a new anyway?

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

chasday

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
Micron Millennia case has a 18 pin (2x9 configuration)front panel switch. My Tyan S1854 motherboard has a corresponding 18 pin panel connector. The power switch on the case and the connector on the motherboard both have pin #14 missing from the 2x9 pin configuration. System is designed this way; not sure why. Anyhoo, I want to replace with a power switch that has all the 18 pins so I can upgrade the motherboard.

Foxhound

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
hmm... power switches only have 2 pins. but from what u are saying, u mean including all the front panel lights, reset buttons and all rite?

svol

Champion
Having a case with all front panel LEDs/switches/etc bundled into one big connector is very rare.
My advice is that you remove all the wires with connectors from the plastic housing of the connector and then manually connect the right cable with the right pin.

My CPU runs so hot the arctic silver undergoes nuclear fusion :eek: .