Bluetooth and Windows XP Service Pack 1

So I went out and bought a Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter
so that I can transfer pictures from my v551 to my PC via
Bluetooth.
The Belkin software installed fine. When I went to plug
in the Bluetooth USB adapter into my USB port, I got nothing.
The Bluetooth icon in the system tray says something like
the Bluetooth device is not installed (or recognized).
The blue light on the Belkin adapter is blinking. I assume
this to mean that it has power. The Belkin site is worthless
for any type of help. The Micro$oft site has tons-o-stuff
on Bluetooth, but it all seems to deal with Service Pack 2
and mice/keyboards. Does Service Pack 1 support Bluetooth?
Any ideas out there?
3 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth windows service pack

    SCazzo@gmail.com wrote:
    > So I went out and bought a Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter
    > so that I can transfer pictures from my v551 to my PC via
    > Bluetooth.
    > The Belkin software installed fine. When I went to plug
    > in the Bluetooth USB adapter into my USB port, I got nothing.
    > The Bluetooth icon in the system tray says something like
    > the Bluetooth device is not installed (or recognized).
    > The blue light on the Belkin adapter is blinking. I assume
    > this to mean that it has power. The Belkin site is worthless
    > for any type of help. The Micro$oft site has tons-o-stuff
    > on Bluetooth, but it all seems to deal with Service Pack 2
    > and mice/keyboards. Does Service Pack 1 support Bluetooth?
    > Any ideas out there?

    Availability of Windows XP Service Pack 1 Support for Bluetooth Wireless
    Devices http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323183

    Please read the articles I wrote at http://brobin111.blogspot.com for a
    possible solution. The Widcomm drivers may be all you need but if you
    also need an upgrade to SP1 (assuming you don't want to to upgrade to
    SP2) your PC manufacturer's website may have an update you can download.

    From:SCazzo@gmail.com
    SCazzo@gmail.com

    > SCazzo@gmail.com wrote:
    >> So I went out and bought a Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter
    >> so that I can transfer pictures from my v551 to my PC via
    >> Bluetooth.
    >> The Belkin software installed fine. When I went to plug
    >> in the Bluetooth USB adapter into my USB port, I got nothing.
    >> The Bluetooth icon in the system tray says something like
    >> the Bluetooth device is not installed (or recognized).
    >> The blue light on the Belkin adapter is blinking. I assume
    >> this to mean that it has power. The Belkin site is worthless
    >> for any type of help. The Micro$oft site has tons-o-stuff
    >> on Bluetooth, but it all seems to deal with Service Pack 2
    >> and mice/keyboards. Does Service Pack 1 support Bluetooth?
    >> Any ideas out there?
    >
    > Availability of Windows XP Service Pack 1 Support for Bluetooth Wireless
    > Devices http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323183

    You do not need this update and in fact it may cause you more trouble. The
    Belkin device will work fine with SP1 as long as you installed the drivers
    properly. I would highly advise disabling your virus scanning software while
    doing the install. Before you attempt this for a second time you should
    completely uninstall the Belkin SW and start over from scratch.

    Give it a try and let us know if it worked.

    Cheers
    TC

Motorola Belkin Bluetooth Windows XP