Flash Ultra66 Problem

Brunix

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
I am trying to flash a Promise Ultra66 Bios to a FastTrack Bios. The flash program says the file is incorrect and will not flash. Has anyone had this problem and found a way around it?

Thanks
Brunix

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
I would hazard a guess it aint working because they are two different things!

<b>Just because someone's a member of an ethnic minority doesn't mean they're not a nasty small-minded little jerk. <i>Terry Pratchett</i></b>

Brunix

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
There are at least 5 different sites guiding this modification and all say to flash the bios first. I have email the authors of the articles and found that their email address are dead or bogus. I have not emailed Mr. Pabst as he has a form for such problems. It is an old tweak. There is a how-to here that was written mar-29-2000.
Patience
Brunix

svol

Champion
I readed the changing part in the article and now I understand what you're trying to do.
I guess you're trying to flash the BIOS from a DOS/Win9x boot disk.
I would double check if you have exactly the right BIOS and flash utility. If you're using a pre made BAT file to flash the BIOS check if the BAT file has the correct file name into it. Also check you're using capital leters right if there are any in the name of the BIOS file.

My CPU runs so hot the arctic silver undergoes nuclear fusion :eek: .

Brunix

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
Thanks for the look svol :^) Yes I used a 98/command disk. The PTIFLASH let me make a backup if the original bios but said that the flash I wanted to use was not the correct file. I am thinking it is a tweak promise made to the bios file to stop this mod. I am hoping to find someone who has done this and still has the original bios file. I have three different ft bios file and none of them will take.

Brunix

Brunix

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
I got the flash to work with the info from http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/raid66/
He had the missing option /Unlimit

<b>Brunix</b>