help.got the bluetooth working finally but motorola phone ..

Last response: in Brands
February 24, 2005 1:32:02 AM

I did get my bluetooth working with the help of a kind souls post
here. BTW It works great. I would however like to use Motorola phone
tools since I did purchase the dang program. I at once had it working
for like a day about a month ago. Don't know what changed but I was on
with tech support for like ever and they could not even get the
bluetooth to work. BTW I have a usb cable and a blue tooth one. I was
desperate to get the thing running. At any point has anyone else ran
into problems like this? Did you solve them and how.

Running Windowz XP SP2
Motorola phone v505
phone tools 319e
bluetooth software widcomm
Plenty of memory ect...

Motorola phone tools says the phone is in use by another program so I
stop the bluetooth device and then it will not find it. Go figure?
Thanks
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 1:32:03 AM

Your problem could be the latest upgrade of phone tools
My v600 phone tools did not work w/latest upgrade had to start over
w/upgrades till the latest.

"owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote in message
> I did get my bluetooth working with the help of a kind souls post
> here. BTW It works great. I would however like to use Motorola phone
> tools since I did purchase the dang program. I at once had it working
> for like a day about a month ago. Don't know what changed but I was on
> with tech support for like ever and they could not even get the
> bluetooth to work. BTW I have a usb cable and a blue tooth one. I was
> desperate to get the thing running. At any point has anyone else ran
> into problems like this? Did you solve them and how.
>
> Running Windowz XP SP2
> Motorola phone v505
> phone tools 319e
> bluetooth software widcomm
> Plenty of memory ect...
>
> Motorola phone tools says the phone is in use by another program so I
> stop the bluetooth device and then it will not find it. Go figure?
> Thanks
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 5:33:18 AM

I've found that MPT is much more reliable with the USB cable.

From:o wner@home.com
catburgler@jewelthief.net

> I did get my bluetooth working with the help of a kind souls post
> here. BTW It works great. I would however like to use Motorola phone
> tools since I did purchase the dang program. I at once had it working
> for like a day about a month ago. Don't know what changed but I was on
> with tech support for like ever and they could not even get the
> bluetooth to work. BTW I have a usb cable and a blue tooth one. I was
> desperate to get the thing running. At any point has anyone else ran
> into problems like this? Did you solve them and how.
>
> Running Windowz XP SP2
> Motorola phone v505
> phone tools 319e
> bluetooth software widcomm
> Plenty of memory ect...
>
> Motorola phone tools says the phone is in use by another program so I
> stop the bluetooth device and then it will not find it. Go figure?
> Thanks
February 24, 2005 8:37:00 PM

I had the usb and could not get it to work, that is why I went out and
bought the blue tooth, but thanks...Will try that again.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:33:18 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>I've found that MPT is much more reliable with the USB cable.
>
>From:o wner@home.com
>catburgler@jewelthief.net
>
>> I did get my bluetooth working with the help of a kind souls post
>> here. BTW It works great. I would however like to use Motorola phone
>> tools since I did purchase the dang program. I at once had it working
>> for like a day about a month ago. Don't know what changed but I was on
>> with tech support for like ever and they could not even get the
>> bluetooth to work. BTW I have a usb cable and a blue tooth one. I was
>> desperate to get the thing running. At any point has anyone else ran
>> into problems like this? Did you solve them and how.
>>
>> Running Windowz XP SP2
>> Motorola phone v505
>> phone tools 319e
>> bluetooth software widcomm
>> Plenty of memory ect...
>>
>> Motorola phone tools says the phone is in use by another program so I
>> stop the bluetooth device and then it will not find it. Go figure?
>> Thanks

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 9:48:01 PM

Make sure you unplug the phone before starting MPT. Once MPT is running,
THEN plug it in.

From:o wner@home.com
catburgler@jewelthief.net

> I had the usb and could not get it to work, that is why I went out and
> bought the blue tooth, but thanks...Will try that again.
>
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:33:18 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've found that MPT is much more reliable with the USB cable.
>>
>> From:o wner@home.com
>> catburgler@jewelthief.net
>>
>>> I did get my bluetooth working with the help of a kind souls post
>>> here. BTW It works great. I would however like to use Motorola phone
>>> tools since I did purchase the dang program. I at once had it
>>> working for like a day about a month ago. Don't know what changed
>>> but I was on with tech support for like ever and they could not
>>> even get the bluetooth to work. BTW I have a usb cable and a blue
>>> tooth one. I was desperate to get the thing running. At any point
>>> has anyone else ran into problems like this? Did you solve them and
>>> how.
>>>
>>> Running Windowz XP SP2
>>> Motorola phone v505
>>> phone tools 319e
>>> bluetooth software widcomm
>>> Plenty of memory ect...
>>>
>>> Motorola phone tools says the phone is in use by another program so
>>> I stop the bluetooth device and then it will not find it. Go figure?
>>> Thanks
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 1:09:59 AM

Firstly make sure if you have a BT headset, that this has been switched
off or the boom closed (if applicable) in case it is conflicting.

Then fire up MPT
Go to.....

Setup
General setup
Select the communications tab
Click on "Change modem"
Click "Next"
Make sure the device you want to use to connect to the phone is
selected (BT most likely) and click "next"
Then click next again.

It should query your phone and return some communications details as
well as set the parameters correctly for you.

Hope this helps

Ben

--
BennyBoy
April 21, 2005 2:55:22 AM

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:32:02 +0000, owner@home.com wrote:

> I did get my bluetooth working with the help of a kind souls post here.
> BTW It works great. I would however like to use Motorola phone tools since
> I did purchase the dang program. I at once had it working for like a day
> about a month ago. Don't know what changed but I was on with tech support
> for like ever and they could not even get the bluetooth to work. BTW I
> have a usb cable and a blue tooth one. I was desperate to get the thing
> running. At any point has anyone else ran into problems like this? Did you
> solve them and how.
>
> Running Windowz XP SP2
> Motorola phone v505
> phone tools 319e
> bluetooth software widcomm
> Plenty of memory ect...
>
> Motorola phone tools says the phone is in use by another program so I stop
> the bluetooth device and then it will not find it. Go figure? Thanks

Based on what I read someplace recently, I got it to work by going into
device manager and disabling the Microsoft bluetooth device, and leaving
just the Belkin one. Then, I finally got all the Add new device popups
from Windows.

I had had itermittant connectivity with the phone before that (though I
hadn't tried internet at the time since I hadn't signed up for Mediaworks
yet), but it wasn't stable.
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 2:55:23 AM

Kevin K thought about it a bit, then said...
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:32:02 +0000, owner@home.com wrote:
>
> > I did get my bluetooth working with the help of a kind souls post here.
> > BTW It works great. I would however like to use Motorola phone tools since
> > I did purchase the dang program. I at once had it working for like a day
> > about a month ago. Don't know what changed but I was on with tech support
> > for like ever and they could not even get the bluetooth to work. BTW I
> > have a usb cable and a blue tooth one. I was desperate to get the thing
> > running. At any point has anyone else ran into problems like this? Did you
> > solve them and how.
> >
> > Running Windowz XP SP2
> > Motorola phone v505
> > phone tools 319e
> > bluetooth software widcomm
> > Plenty of memory ect...
> >
> > Motorola phone tools says the phone is in use by another program so I stop
> > the bluetooth device and then it will not find it. Go figure? Thanks
>
> Based on what I read someplace recently, I got it to work by going into
> device manager and disabling the Microsoft bluetooth device, and leaving
> just the Belkin one. Then, I finally got all the Add new device popups
> from Windows.
>
> I had had itermittant connectivity with the phone before that (though I
> hadn't tried internet at the time since I hadn't signed up for Mediaworks
> yet), but it wasn't stable.

I had the same problem - it's because XP installs it's own bluetooth
drivers (at least, as of SP2 it does). The tech I called had me disable
the Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator, then select the generic bluetooth
device that gets installed by default and change the driver to the one
supplied with the bluetooth adapter.

It's a shame that MPT is such a buggy disaster, though, even with
wireless BT connectivity. :-(

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews