Sign in with
Your question

wont start!?

Last response: in Components
December 2, 2002 8:03:15 AM

I’ve just bought some new components for my pc but it just won’t start. Actually everything in it is new. Nothing happens when I push the power button, only a small little lamp on the motherboard is on. I’ve read in the manual that the lamp is on when the power is on and when my ddr-ram is in place. So there must be some power but noting else happens..

My system:
Soltek, SL-75FRV ATX
AMD, Athlon Palomino XP 2000+ (1667MHz)BOX
256 MB DDR-Ram (cant remember the name)
GeForce3 ti200 64mb
60 gb hdd

And its all new Except the powersupply.

I aint that got at English.. Sorry :o )

More about : wont start

December 2, 2002 9:18:32 AM

The led only indicates that the 5V standy voltage is present.
You should double check that the PSU switch on the front panel of the case is correctly connected to the mainboard.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>
December 2, 2002 11:38:17 AM

Do you know how many watts the PSU is? It may be unsufficient to power up the system.
Check if nothing is short circuiting with for example the case.

My CPU runs so hot the arctic silver undergoes nuclear fusion :eek:  .
Related resources
December 3, 2002 7:49:56 AM

Everything is connected correctly and its a 300 watts PSU..
The reason that i bought all these new things, was that my old stuff suddenly didnt smell right, and actually my old stuff wasnt old, it was totally new, but it only worked for about 5 min.. I never found out what was wrong.. So i just bought some new stuff.. confused? :o )
December 3, 2002 11:22:55 AM

Quote:
it was totally new, but it only worked for about 5 min. I never found out what was wrong.. So i just bought some new stuff

OMG! Do you have cash for garbage?

If everything is correctly connected, and it still doesnt power up, it must be the PSU thats defective.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>
December 3, 2002 4:09:46 PM

Hmmm... sounds like a possible PSU problem. Try if replacing it works, I recommend a 350W instead of 300W for your configuration so you don't have to wory for power shortage problems.

My CPU runs so hot the arctic silver undergoes nuclear fusion :eek:  .
!