V551 and Bluetooth Headset

Last response: in Brands
February 26, 2005 5:27:08 AM

Greetings,

Well I drug out my old Plantronics BT headset last night to try it out with
my Moto V551. I was able to pair and use the headset just fine except when I
tried to use my Palm T3 to dial a number on the V551. If the headset was
paired and active with the phone the Palm could not access the phone.
Likewise if the headset was not paired the T3 had no problems dialing the
V551. It would appear that the phone keeps the headset active and this
prevents the PDA from dialing.

Is this generally true for the V551 or should I look into another BT
headset? I was able to do this with an old Sony-Ericsson T68i no problem, as
soon as the phone was dialed the PDA would drop and the headset would
activate.

Cheers
TC

More about : v551 bluetooth headset

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:09:28 AM

I'm using T3/Moto V551/Jabra Freespeak 250 and experiencing the same
problem. If the headset is connected via BT, the T3 cannot access the
phone via BT. With the headset not connected, I can use Quick Connect
to dial from the T3 and once the call is placed then connect the
headset. A bit of a drag but it works.

van

--
van