Machine connects wirelessly to one router but not another

Wild1Kenowhere

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Hello,
i have a wireless laptop that i can connect to one network but when i bring it to another network that i can connect many computers to at random, it will not connect. it says Network no longer available. the router sits about 3 feet away from it. if i hook up a wire it works just fine. even cell phones connect just fine to the network.

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Either your laptop's wireless adapter is set to a different channel from that router or more likely, both are set to roaming and they only coincide occasionally. Either way, you need to go into that router's settings and match your adapter to what it says it broadcasts on if you want to stay connected to it.

Wild1Kenowhere

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
The router's channel is fine, all the settings are correct. I can connect to one router, but when i connect to another Router it says that it is connecting but it then states that the network is no longer in range.

Wild1Kenowhere

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
The Key is correct. It is a Fresh load of windows xp Home Edition. the card is a Dlink Wireless G PCMCIA card. the router is Asus. I put a Imicro USB wireless card on the laptop and it works just fine. So would the Card Just be bad?