Sign in with
Your question

XFX nForce 680i Sli MoBo Drivers

December 25, 2012 11:26:56 PM

Hey guys,

first time using this thread to ask for advice, so please bare with me.

I have an XFX nForce 680i LT SLi motherboard that is giving me fits. I recently installed Windows 7 on my build, and have searched high and low for drivers to install that will help with my Windows 7. I contacted the XFX people, and a tech sent me an ISO file to download via e-mail, unzip, and burn to disc. OK. Did all that. However, my internet speed dropped like crazy, and when gaming on World of Warcraft, I sometimes hit 'over' 1,000ms and can't game anymore. Sometimes I'm at normal, then out of no where, I hit 300-600-900ms [and higher]. Hence my frustrations. Before I got that ISO file from XFX, I was ok. I just wanted the latest drivers, and, well, Murphy's Law got me [if it isn't broke, leave it alone].
Anyways, my ISP has been here at my house and has gone as far as tweaking my line to give me 'more' bandwidth, a new drop line to my house, and the tap comes to my house 'first' before everyone else down my street. According to them, all is well on their end. So, I am at a loss. The last thing I did before this mess was install a different driver for my MoBo and onboard Ethernet. I have since installed several different Ethernet drivers for my MoBo to the point where I can get online, but nothing else. No more gaming. So here are my specs, hope someone can help out here with new drivers for MoBo and/or Bios:
Phoenix Technolgies Bios, Sept. 18th., 2008 6.00PG > XFX nForce 680i LT SLi MoBo > Intel Pentium D Extreme 3.78Ghz CPU > 8Gb Memory > Hitachi HDT721010SLA SCSI Disk Drive

Thank you in advance
!