transfering ringtones from computer to T720 phone

Last response: in Brands
February 27, 2005 8:47:01 PM

Is there software for transfering ringtones from computer to cell phone. I
have all cables.

Thanks for help in advance.
AW.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 2:10:15 AM

Mobile Phone Tools from Motorola. Buy it cheap on ebay. Any version from
2.11 up is OK as it will automatically upgrade online.

From:A Wallace
awallace@cox.net

> Is there software for transfering ringtones from computer to cell
> phone. I have all cables.
>
> Thanks for help in advance.
> AW.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:56:12 PM

Have you been able to do this? I have all the software & cables & a
T730 (the T720 with a firmware upgrade) and have not succeeded. The
software does not even let you see the ringtones on the phone. Or
maybe it is because I am on Verizon???

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:10:15 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>Mobile Phone Tools from Motorola. Buy it cheap on ebay. Any version from
>2.11 up is OK as it will automatically upgrade online.
>
>From:A Wallace
>awallace@cox.net
>
>> Is there software for transfering ringtones from computer to cell
>> phone. I have all cables.
>>
>> Thanks for help in advance.
>> AW.

February 28, 2005 11:48:52 PM

You won't be able to see the ringtones that came with the phone with MPT
but you can install new ones.

From:Anon Y. Mouse
Squeek@cheese.com

> Have you been able to do this? I have all the software & cables & a
> T730 (the T720 with a firmware upgrade) and have not succeeded. The
> software does not even let you see the ringtones on the phone. Or
> maybe it is because I am on Verizon???
>
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 23:10:15 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Mobile Phone Tools from Motorola. Buy it cheap on ebay. Any version
>> from
>> 2.11 up is OK as it will automatically upgrade online.
>>
>> From:A Wallace
>> awallace@cox.net
>>
>>> Is there software for transfering ringtones from computer to cell
>>> phone. I have all cables.
>>>
>>> Thanks for help in advance.
>>> AW.
March 8, 2005 3:39:24 AM

Sorry - the above posts are incorrect. According to the tech support
BVRP forum, the Motorola T720 does not support the Multimedia function
which is needed to download ringtones.

I too have a T720 and I'm bummed there isn't a good way to transfer
ringtones via USB :-(

- Snacko

--
Snacko
March 8, 2005 7:16:31 AM

Do any of you know if the seem of the t720 can be edited to make it work
with MPT Tools in the same way that the v265 and v710 can be made to
work with MPT and Bluetooth?

--
RoastedNuts
Anonymous

Search for something called M-Services Backup Editor v1.00 beta
by FeNiX (fenix@net.hr)

worked for me in transferring images and ringtones to T720

tblade

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:47:01 -0500, "A Wallace" <awallace@cox.net>
wrote:

>Is there software for transfering ringtones from computer to cell phone. I
>have all cables.
>
>Thanks for help in advance.
>AW.

Anonymous