V551 Why is this so complicated

I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or whatever
its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so hard
to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or receive
text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my phone
to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT for
V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.
11 answers Last reply
More about v551 complicated

    The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.

    "Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
    > I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
    > still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
    > pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or whatever
    > its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
    hard
    > to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
    receive
    > text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
    phone
    > to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT for
    > V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

    I am running ver 3.19e1 and have no problems at all transferring
    pictures.

    I assume you have MPT set up for a V551 phone, and that it is
    recognizing that exact phone. The graphic of the phone should be just
    like the V551. Open Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer.
    Set the Mobile Phone side to My Pictures. Set the My Computer side to
    whatever folder you want to use in the computer. Right click the
    picture file, and click Copy to Computer. Do the opposite if sending
    files from the computer to the phone. That's it!

    Dick

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:07:08 -0500, "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote:

    >The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
    >
    >"Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
    >> I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
    >> still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
    >> pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or whatever
    >> its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
    >hard
    >> to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
    >receive
    >> text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
    >phone
    >> to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT for
    >> V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

    And if MPT STILL won't do the job (which it should as described) you can
    just do it via Bluetooth without MPT. See http://brobin111.blogspot.com
    for instructions.

    From:Dick
    LeadWinger

    > I am running ver 3.19e1 and have no problems at all transferring
    > pictures.
    >
    > I assume you have MPT set up for a V551 phone, and that it is
    > recognizing that exact phone. The graphic of the phone should be just
    > like the V551. Open Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer.
    > Set the Mobile Phone side to My Pictures. Set the My Computer side to
    > whatever folder you want to use in the computer. Right click the
    > picture file, and click Copy to Computer. Do the opposite if sending
    > files from the computer to the phone. That's it!
    >
    > Dick
    >

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:07:08 -0500, "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote:
    >

    >> The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
    >>
    >> "Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
    >>> I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live
    >>> update but still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to
    >>> add and remove pictures. When I run the software and go to the
    >>> image studio or whatever its called, it acts like it can't see my
    >>> phones images. Why is this so hard to get this software to work?
    >>> I don't care about ringtones, send or receive text or email, all I
    >>> want to do is be able to transfer images from my phone to my
    >>> computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT for
    >>> V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

    It is set up for the V551, I do see the graphic just like my phone, I go to
    Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer and on the mobile phone side
    none of the buttons seem to work, I can't seem to explore my phone, clicking
    on my pictures does nothing. Now what?

    Ben

    "Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
    > I am running ver 3.19e1 and have no problems at all transferring
    > pictures.
    >
    > I assume you have MPT set up for a V551 phone, and that it is
    > recognizing that exact phone. The graphic of the phone should be just
    > like the V551. Open Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer.
    > Set the Mobile Phone side to My Pictures. Set the My Computer side to
    > whatever folder you want to use in the computer. Right click the
    > picture file, and click Copy to Computer. Do the opposite if sending
    > files from the computer to the phone. That's it!
    >
    > Dick
    >

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:07:08 -0500, "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote:
    >

    > >The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
    > >
    > >"Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
    > >> I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update
    but
    > >> still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
    > >> pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or
    whatever
    > >> its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
    > >hard
    > >> to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
    > >receive
    > >> text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
    > >phone
    > >> to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT
    for
    > >> V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

    When your software starts up, does the screen graphic show your
    provider? It should. When you click on My Pictures it should at
    least open the folder. There would be nothing in it because you
    haven't put anything it in (unless you took some pictures.) On the
    left side can you not open a folder on your computer?

    Dick

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:50:47 -0600, "Ben Woodland"
    <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote:

    >It is set up for the V551, I do see the graphic just like my phone, I go to
    >Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer and on the mobile phone side
    >none of the buttons seem to work, I can't seem to explore my phone, clicking
    >on my pictures does nothing. Now what?
    >
    >Ben

    I don't remember if it showed the provider or not, Ill have to check that
    when I get home, but I do have pictures stored on it and I am able to open
    folders on the computer side of the software.

    > When your software starts up, does the screen graphic show your
    > provider? It should. When you click on My Pictures it should at
    > least open the folder. There would be nothing in it because you
    > haven't put anything it in (unless you took some pictures.) On the
    > left side can you not open a folder on your computer?
    >
    > Dick
    >
    > On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:50:47 -0600, "Ben Woodland"
    > <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote:
    >
    > >It is set up for the V551, I do see the graphic just like my phone, I go
    > >Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer and on the mobile phone
    side
    > >none of the buttons seem to work, I can't seem to explore my phone,
    clicking
    > >on my pictures does nothing. Now what?
    > >
    > >Ben

    I have never had any problems with MPT, from the V120c, v300, v400, v600 and
    now the v551. I have to wonder if it has to do with some peoples PC setups,
    maybe Via chipsets or something? Some sort of conflict is obviously
    happening to some people.
    "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote in message news:422341ee_4@x-privat.org...

    > The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
    >
    > "Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
    > > I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
    > > still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
    > > pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or
    whatever
    > > its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
    > hard
    > > to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
    > receive
    > > text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
    > phone
    > > to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT
    for
    > > V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

    I have a V551, and I am having good luck with MPT, but I am having troubles with PST phone
    programmer, pk2man and midway not recognizing my phone. I have searched the internet, I have
    followed all of the websites that I have run across including the websites posted here but to no
    avail. I am on Rogers Wireless in Ontario, Canada, could it be something to do with the phone setup
    from them?

    Rich

    On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:06:37 -0500, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote:

    >I have never had any problems with MPT, from the V120c, v300, v400, v600 and
    >now the v551. I have to wonder if it has to do with some peoples PC setups,
    >maybe Via chipsets or something? Some sort of conflict is obviously
    >happening to some people.
    >"abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote in message news:422341ee_4@x-privat.org...
    >>
    >> The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
    >>
    >> "Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
    >> > I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
    >> > still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
    >> > pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or
    >whatever
    >> > its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
    >> hard
    >> > to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
    >> receive
    >> > text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
    >> phone
    >> > to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT
    >for
    >> > V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

    I assume that you'd like to install .jar games and apps on your phone.
    MUCH less complicated to do so using Bluetooth. See
    http://brobin111.blogspot.com for tutorial.

    From:Rich
    ripcord@hurontel.on.ca

    > I have a V551, and I am having good luck with MPT, but I am having
    > troubles with PST phone programmer, pk2man and midway not recognizing
    > my phone. I have searched the internet, I have followed all of the
    > websites that I have run across including the websites posted here
    > but to no avail. I am on Rogers Wireless in Ontario, Canada, could
    > it be something to do with the phone setup from them?
    >
    > Rich
    >
    > On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:06:37 -0500, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have never had any problems with MPT, from the V120c, v300, v400,
    >> v600 and now the v551. I have to wonder if it has to do with some
    >> peoples PC setups, maybe Via chipsets or something? Some sort of
    >> conflict is obviously happening to some people.
    >> "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
    >>>
    >>> "Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
    >> whatever
    >>> hard
    >>> receive
    >>> phone
    >> for
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Thanks, but that doesn't help with my data cable. Any ideas on the data cable besides buy a
    bluetooth.....

    Rich

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:44:38 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote:

    >I assume that you'd like to install .jar games and apps on your phone.
    >MUCH less complicated to do so using Bluetooth. See
    >http://brobin111.blogspot.com for tutorial.
    >
    >From:Rich
    >ripcord@hurontel.on.ca
    >
    >> I have a V551, and I am having good luck with MPT, but I am having
    >> troubles with PST phone programmer, pk2man and midway not recognizing
    >> my phone. I have searched the internet, I have followed all of the
    >> websites that I have run across including the websites posted here
    >> but to no avail. I am on Rogers Wireless in Ontario, Canada, could
    >> it be something to do with the phone setup from them?
    >>
    >> Rich
    >>
    >> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:06:37 -0500, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have never had any problems with MPT, from the V120c, v300, v400,
    >>> v600 and now the v551. I have to wonder if it has to do with some
    >>> peoples PC setups, maybe Via chipsets or something? Some sort of
    >>> conflict is obviously happening to some people.
    >>> "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote in message

    >>> whatever
    >>> for

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    Sorry, I don't. I gave up on trying to use the cable, the 3 programs and
    creating .jad files for game uploads and just bought a BT dongle for
    $15. I was just trying to show you a very simple option that's much
    easier and costs very little money.

    From:Rich
    ripcord@hurontel.on.ca

    > Thanks, but that doesn't help with my data cable. Any ideas on the
    > data cable besides buy a bluetooth.....
    >
    > Rich
    >
    > On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:44:38 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I assume that you'd like to install .jar games and apps on your
    >> phone. MUCH less complicated to do so using Bluetooth. See
    >> http://brobin111.blogspot.com for tutorial.
    >>
    >> From:Rich
    >> ripcord@hurontel.on.ca
    >>
    >>> I have a V551, and I am having good luck with MPT, but I am having
    >>> troubles with PST phone programmer, pk2man and midway not
    >>> recognizing my phone. I have searched the internet, I have
    >>> followed all of the websites that I have run across including the
    >>> websites posted here but to no avail. I am on Rogers Wireless in
    >>> Ontario, Canada, could it be something to do with the phone setup
    >>> from them?
    >>>
    >>> Rich

Motorola Phones