V551 Why is this so complicated

Last response: in Brands
February 28, 2005 12:24:01 PM

I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or whatever
its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so hard
to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or receive
text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my phone
to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT for
V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

More about : v551 complicated

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 7:07:08 PM

The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.

"Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
> I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
> still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
> pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or whatever
> its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
hard
> to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
receive
> text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
phone
> to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT for
> V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

February 28, 2005 7:07:09 PM

I am running ver 3.19e1 and have no problems at all transferring
pictures.

I assume you have MPT set up for a V551 phone, and that it is
recognizing that exact phone. The graphic of the phone should be just
like the V551. Open Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer.
Set the Mobile Phone side to My Pictures. Set the My Computer side to
whatever folder you want to use in the computer. Right click the
picture file, and click Copy to Computer. Do the opposite if sending
files from the computer to the phone. That's it!

Dick

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:07:08 -0500, "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote:

>The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
>
>"Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
>> I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
>> still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
>> pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or whatever
>> its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
>hard
>> to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
>receive
>> text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
>phone
>> to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT for
>> V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

February 28, 2005 11:51:26 PM

And if MPT STILL won't do the job (which it should as described) you can
just do it via Bluetooth without MPT. See http://brobin111.blogspot.com
for instructions.

From:D ick
LeadWinger

> I am running ver 3.19e1 and have no problems at all transferring
> pictures.
>
> I assume you have MPT set up for a V551 phone, and that it is
> recognizing that exact phone. The graphic of the phone should be just
> like the V551. Open Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer.
> Set the Mobile Phone side to My Pictures. Set the My Computer side to
> whatever folder you want to use in the computer. Right click the
> picture file, and click Copy to Computer. Do the opposite if sending
> files from the computer to the phone. That's it!
>
> Dick
>

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:07:08 -0500, "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote:
>

>> The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
>>
>> "Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
>>> I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live
>>> update but still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to
>>> add and remove pictures. When I run the software and go to the
>>> image studio or whatever its called, it acts like it can't see my
>>> phones images. Why is this so hard to get this software to work?
>>> I don't care about ringtones, send or receive text or email, all I
>>> want to do is be able to transfer images from my phone to my
>>> computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT for
>>> V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:50:47 PM

It is set up for the V551, I do see the graphic just like my phone, I go to
Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer and on the mobile phone side
none of the buttons seem to work, I can't seem to explore my phone, clicking
on my pictures does nothing. Now what?

Ben

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
> I am running ver 3.19e1 and have no problems at all transferring
> pictures.
>
> I assume you have MPT set up for a V551 phone, and that it is
> recognizing that exact phone. The graphic of the phone should be just
> like the V551. Open Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer.
> Set the Mobile Phone side to My Pictures. Set the My Computer side to
> whatever folder you want to use in the computer. Right click the
> picture file, and click Copy to Computer. Do the opposite if sending
> files from the computer to the phone. That's it!
>
> Dick
>

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:07:08 -0500, "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote:
>

> >The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
> >
> >"Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
> >> I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update
but
> >> still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
> >> pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or
whatever
> >> its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
> >hard
> >> to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
> >receive
> >> text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
> >phone
> >> to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT
for
> >> V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

March 2, 2005 8:31:02 PM

When your software starts up, does the screen graphic show your
provider? It should. When you click on My Pictures it should at
least open the folder. There would be nothing in it because you
haven't put anything it in (unless you took some pictures.) On the
left side can you not open a folder on your computer?

Dick

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:50:47 -0600, "Ben Woodland"
<ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote:

>It is set up for the V551, I do see the graphic just like my phone, I go to
>Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer and on the mobile phone side
>none of the buttons seem to work, I can't seem to explore my phone, clicking
>on my pictures does nothing. Now what?
>
>Ben
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 1:41:07 PM

I don't remember if it showed the provider or not, Ill have to check that
when I get home, but I do have pictures stored on it and I am able to open
folders on the computer side of the software.

> When your software starts up, does the screen graphic show your
> provider? It should. When you click on My Pictures it should at
> least open the folder. There would be nothing in it because you
> haven't put anything it in (unless you took some pictures.) On the
> left side can you not open a folder on your computer?
>
> Dick
>
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:50:47 -0600, "Ben Woodland"
> <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote:
>
> >It is set up for the V551, I do see the graphic just like my phone, I go
> >Multimedia Studio and click on Mobile Explorer and on the mobile phone
side
> >none of the buttons seem to work, I can't seem to explore my phone,
clicking
> >on my pictures does nothing. Now what?
> >
> >Ben

March 6, 2005 12:06:37 AM

I have never had any problems with MPT, from the V120c, v300, v400, v600 and
now the v551. I have to wonder if it has to do with some peoples PC setups,
maybe Via chipsets or something? Some sort of conflict is obviously
happening to some people.
"abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote in message news:422341ee_4@x-privat.org...

> The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
>
> "Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
> > I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
> > still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
> > pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or
whatever
> > its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
> hard
> > to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
> receive
> > text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
> phone
> > to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT
for
> > V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

March 6, 2005 12:07:16 PM

I have a V551, and I am having good luck with MPT, but I am having troubles with PST phone
programmer, pk2man and midway not recognizing my phone. I have searched the internet, I have
followed all of the websites that I have run across including the websites posted here but to no
avail. I am on Rogers Wireless in Ontario, Canada, could it be something to do with the phone setup
from them?

Rich

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:06:37 -0500, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com> wrote:

>I have never had any problems with MPT, from the V120c, v300, v400, v600 and
>now the v551. I have to wonder if it has to do with some peoples PC setups,
>maybe Via chipsets or something? Some sort of conflict is obviously
>happening to some people.
>"abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote in message news:422341ee_4@x-privat.org...
>>
>> The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
>>
>> "Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
>> > I installed the Motorola Phone Tools, then performed the live update but
>> > still have trouble. I am trying to use a USB cable to add and remove
>> > pictures. When I run the software and go to the image studio or
>whatever
>> > its called, it acts like it can't see my phones images. Why is this so
>> hard
>> > to get this software to work? I don't care about ringtones, send or
>> receive
>> > text or email, all I want to do is be able to transfer images from my
>> phone
>> > to my computer and computer to phone. Can anyone help? I need a MPT
>for
>> > V551 for dummies type manual/instructions.

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 8:44:38 PM

I assume that you'd like to install .jar games and apps on your phone.
MUCH less complicated to do so using Bluetooth. See
http://brobin111.blogspot.com for tutorial.

From:Rich
ripcord@hurontel.on.ca

> I have a V551, and I am having good luck with MPT, but I am having
> troubles with PST phone programmer, pk2man and midway not recognizing
> my phone. I have searched the internet, I have followed all of the
> websites that I have run across including the websites posted here
> but to no avail. I am on Rogers Wireless in Ontario, Canada, could
> it be something to do with the phone setup from them?
>
> Rich
>
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:06:37 -0500, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have never had any problems with MPT, from the V120c, v300, v400,
>> v600 and now the v551. I have to wonder if it has to do with some
>> peoples PC setups, maybe Via chipsets or something? Some sort of
>> conflict is obviously happening to some people.
>> "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote in message
>>>
>>> The software is full of bugs and that's why it does not work.
>>>
>>> "Ben Woodland" <ben.woodland@freescale.com> wrote in message
>> whatever
>>> hard
>>> receive
>>> phone
>> for
March 6, 2005 8:57:22 PM

Thanks, but that doesn't help with my data cable. Any ideas on the data cable besides buy a
bluetooth.....

Rich

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:44:38 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote:

>I assume that you'd like to install .jar games and apps on your phone.
>MUCH less complicated to do so using Bluetooth. See
>http://brobin111.blogspot.com for tutorial.
>
>From:Rich
>ripcord@hurontel.on.ca
>
>> I have a V551, and I am having good luck with MPT, but I am having
>> troubles with PST phone programmer, pk2man and midway not recognizing
>> my phone. I have searched the internet, I have followed all of the
>> websites that I have run across including the websites posted here
>> but to no avail. I am on Rogers Wireless in Ontario, Canada, could
>> it be something to do with the phone setup from them?
>>
>> Rich
>>
>> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 21:06:37 -0500, "Anybody" <nomailover@rogers.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have never had any problems with MPT, from the V120c, v300, v400,
>>> v600 and now the v551. I have to wonder if it has to do with some
>>> peoples PC setups, maybe Via chipsets or something? Some sort of
>>> conflict is obviously happening to some people.
>>> "abcd" <abcd@clix.pt> wrote in message

>>> whatever
>>> for

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 5:07:42 AM

Sorry, I don't. I gave up on trying to use the cable, the 3 programs and
creating .jad files for game uploads and just bought a BT dongle for
$15. I was just trying to show you a very simple option that's much
easier and costs very little money.

From:Rich
ripcord@hurontel.on.ca

!