Wireless Repeater Keeps Dropping Connection

yougotjaked

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
As I am more of a hardware guy and pretty clueless about networking, I thought I'd come here because I am pretty frustrated right now.

So yesterday, I got an Amped Wireless SR10000 Repeater for Christmas. I had it set up and working with no problems. However, this message did pop up when it was finished:

b895199271ac2b2f065e4ba182644a93.png

I ignored it (stupid me) because I didn't know what to do. The connection worked fine for a while, but now a day later, the connection keeps dropping. I would assume it is because of this.

Do you guys have any suggestions for solutions? I did a bit of research and it seems like setting up a static IP will fix the problem, but I have no idea how to do that. If anyone could help me out that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

- Jake

Solution
I Am not an expert In networking but I might be able to help you
The access point leases out IP address to networked Items in your home and It just happens that your item you are connecting with was given the same IP address of another Item

go to start and under search type "network connections" (This is if your using windows 7 or vista)
While in network connections look for your network adapter, Right click and go all the way to the bottom on properties
Now look for the item that says Internet protocol V4 or IPV4 click on it and now click properties.
The Obtain "Ip address Automatically" should be checked change it to "use following Ip address"
Now leave the window open and go to start and search and Open up Cmd, Just type cmd...

static1120

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I Am not an expert In networking but I might be able to help you
The access point leases out IP address to networked Items in your home and It just happens that your item you are connecting with was given the same IP address of another Item

go to start and under search type "network connections" (This is if your using windows 7 or vista)
While in network connections look for your network adapter, Right click and go all the way to the bottom on properties
Now look for the item that says Internet protocol V4 or IPV4 click on it and now click properties.
The Obtain "Ip address Automatically" should be checked change it to "use following Ip address"
Now leave the window open and go to start and search and Open up Cmd, Just type cmd and enter
Now in CMD type Ipconfig
you should get some feedback from it scroll up to your network adapter and it should tell you your Ip Subnet and gateway
If your Ip address is 192.168.1.5 under Ip settings on the use following Ip use A ip about 20 Ips higher so type 192.168.1.25 and under subnet and gateway type the same items you were given in cmd

This should give you a static Ip and should not give you any conflicts unless you have more than 20 items on your network

Sorry If I took to many steps to explain it... Hopefully I will get better at explaining this is my first post here
:D

Solution

yougotjaked

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
No your explanation was perfect; I understood all of it :D

And best of all, it worked! Thank you so much you've saved me numerous days of headaches!

- Jake

TRENDING THREADS