Motorola V551 System Selection

Last response: in Brands
March 1, 2005 8:20:49 PM

I live in a spot covered by both Cingular and AT&T antennas. Reception
on Cingular antenna is almost non-existent, but AT&T is fine. How do I
know this? I have an older Nokia phone and am able to manually search
for and select the system. Unfortunately the Motorola V551 does not
offer this ability to the end user, and defaults to Cingular, so I
usually can't use it at home. Does anyone know of a technician code
that would allow me to select the system? Note: I don't think this
should require unlock, but maybe I'm wrong.

--
quakeguy
March 1, 2005 9:33:24 PM

In article <quakeguy.1l86ay@WiFi-Forum_dot_com>,
quakeguy <quakeguy.1l86ay@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote:

>I live in a spot covered by both Cingular and AT&T antennas. Reception
>on Cingular antenna is almost non-existent, but AT&T is fine. How do I
>know this? I have an older Nokia phone and am able to manually search
>for and select the system. Unfortunately the Motorola V551 does not
>offer this ability to the end user, and defaults to Cingular, so I
>usually can't use it at home. Does anyone know of a technician code
>that would allow me to select the system? Note: I don't think this
>should require unlock, but maybe I'm wrong.

Manual system selection is disabled when using a Cingular SIM on a
domestic system. If AT&T has a better signal where you are, you can call
customer service to have your phone preferentially use AT&T towers where
there is a choice.
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 11:41:51 PM

I believe you can do a seem edit if you have Motorola Phone Tools and a
cable. Go to www.howardforums.com or www.motomodders.net

!