Best Car kit for V3 ??

Last response: in Brands
Share
March 2, 2005 11:20:34 AM

Hi all,

I need to fit a car kit (proper job not headset!) complete with mute
lead in my car - what is the best one for the job?

I have been told it will have to be bluetooth as they dont do a wired
one for the V3. Is this correct?

Also, does anyone know if a carkit that works for a Motorola
(Bluetooth) will work for Nokia's? I know in theory they should but
the latest Nokia car kit does not work correctly with a V3 - too much
feedback/echo at the other end.

Thanks
Jon

More about : car kit

March 2, 2005 10:56:44 PM

Hi Jon

I've just got a Motorola V3.I already had a Nokia bluetooth handsfree kit
but although the phone could find the car kit and match up,when you used the
phone through the car kit you get a very bad echo.

I bought a Motorola bluetooth car kit HFW 8000 and it works a treat.It's got
a good feature,you can store up to 100 names & numbers and when you want to
call someone stored you just press one button on your control unit,say the
name and hey presto it calls the number for you-very cool.

The car kit cost me about £85.00 but have a search via goggle.

Hope this has helped.

Regards

Jon

"Jon" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I need to fit a car kit (proper job not headset!) complete with mute
> lead in my car - what is the best one for the job?
>
> I have been told it will have to be bluetooth as they dont do a wired
> one for the V3. Is this correct?
>
> Also, does anyone know if a carkit that works for a Motorola
> (Bluetooth) will work for Nokia's? I know in theory they should but
> the latest Nokia car kit does not work correctly with a V3 - too much
> feedback/echo at the other end.
>
> Thanks
> Jon

March 3, 2005 11:03:11 AM

So, it looks as though the echo problem I have is common and not
specific to me - good (I think!).

Does anyone know if a Motorola carkit (HFW 8000) works OK with Nokia
phones also (6230's to be exact)?? I need my solution to work with
both as its a pool car.

Thanks
Jon

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:56:44 GMT, "Kray" <reg@kray.com> wrote:

>Hi Jon
>
>I've just got a Motorola V3.I already had a Nokia bluetooth handsfree kit
>but although the phone could find the car kit and match up,when you used the
>phone through the car kit you get a very bad echo.
>
>I bought a Motorola bluetooth car kit HFW 8000 and it works a treat.It's got
>a good feature,you can store up to 100 names & numbers and when you want to
>call someone stored you just press one button on your control unit,say the
>name and hey presto it calls the number for you-very cool.
>
>The car kit cost me about £85.00 but have a search via goggle.
>
>Hope this has helped.
>
>Regards
>
>Jon
>

>"Jon" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need to fit a car kit (proper job not headset!) complete with mute
>> lead in my car - what is the best one for the job?
>>
>> I have been told it will have to be bluetooth as they dont do a wired
>> one for the V3. Is this correct?
>>
>> Also, does anyone know if a carkit that works for a Motorola
>> (Bluetooth) will work for Nokia's? I know in theory they should but
>> the latest Nokia car kit does not work correctly with a V3 - too much
>> feedback/echo at the other end.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jon

March 3, 2005 12:02:23 PM

Jon

I'm told that Nokia phones will work ok with Motorola car kits but not the
other way round.

!