Best Car kit for V3 ??

Hi all,

I need to fit a car kit (proper job not headset!) complete with mute
lead in my car - what is the best one for the job?

I have been told it will have to be bluetooth as they dont do a wired
one for the V3. Is this correct?

Also, does anyone know if a carkit that works for a Motorola
(Bluetooth) will work for Nokia's? I know in theory they should but
the latest Nokia car kit does not work correctly with a V3 - too much
feedback/echo at the other end.

Thanks
Jon
3 answers Last reply
More about best

    Hi Jon

    I've just got a Motorola V3.I already had a Nokia bluetooth handsfree kit
    but although the phone could find the car kit and match up,when you used the
    phone through the car kit you get a very bad echo.

    I bought a Motorola bluetooth car kit HFW 8000 and it works a treat.It's got
    a good feature,you can store up to 100 names & numbers and when you want to
    call someone stored you just press one button on your control unit,say the
    name and hey presto it calls the number for you-very cool.

    The car kit cost me about £85.00 but have a search via goggle.

    Hope this has helped.

    Regards

    Jon

    "Jon" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to fit a car kit (proper job not headset!) complete with mute
    > lead in my car - what is the best one for the job?
    >
    > I have been told it will have to be bluetooth as they dont do a wired
    > one for the V3. Is this correct?
    >
    > Also, does anyone know if a carkit that works for a Motorola
    > (Bluetooth) will work for Nokia's? I know in theory they should but
    > the latest Nokia car kit does not work correctly with a V3 - too much
    > feedback/echo at the other end.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jon

    So, it looks as though the echo problem I have is common and not
    specific to me - good (I think!).

    Does anyone know if a Motorola carkit (HFW 8000) works OK with Nokia
    phones also (6230's to be exact)?? I need my solution to work with
    both as its a pool car.

    Thanks
    Jon

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:56:44 GMT, "Kray" <reg@kray.com> wrote:

    >Hi Jon
    >
    >I've just got a Motorola V3.I already had a Nokia bluetooth handsfree kit
    >but although the phone could find the car kit and match up,when you used the
    >phone through the car kit you get a very bad echo.
    >
    >I bought a Motorola bluetooth car kit HFW 8000 and it works a treat.It's got
    >a good feature,you can store up to 100 names & numbers and when you want to
    >call someone stored you just press one button on your control unit,say the
    >name and hey presto it calls the number for you-very cool.
    >
    >The car kit cost me about £85.00 but have a search via goggle.
    >
    >Hope this has helped.
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Jon
    >

    >"Jon" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I need to fit a car kit (proper job not headset!) complete with mute
    >> lead in my car - what is the best one for the job?
    >>
    >> I have been told it will have to be bluetooth as they dont do a wired
    >> one for the V3. Is this correct?
    >>
    >> Also, does anyone know if a carkit that works for a Motorola
    >> (Bluetooth) will work for Nokia's? I know in theory they should but
    >> the latest Nokia car kit does not work correctly with a V3 - too much
    >> feedback/echo at the other end.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Jon

    Jon

    I'm told that Nokia phones will work ok with Motorola car kits but not the
    other way round.

    > So, it looks as though the echo problem I have is common and not
    > specific to me - good (I think!).
    >
    > Does anyone know if a Motorola carkit (HFW 8000) works OK with Nokia
    > phones also (6230's to be exact)?? I need my solution to work with
    > both as its a pool car.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jon
    >

    > On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:56:44 GMT, "Kray" <reg@kray.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Jon
    >>
    >>I've just got a Motorola V3.I already had a Nokia bluetooth handsfree kit
    >>but although the phone could find the car kit and match up,when you used
    >>the
    >>phone through the car kit you get a very bad echo.
    >>
    >>I bought a Motorola bluetooth car kit HFW 8000 and it works a treat.It's
    >>got
    >>a good feature,you can store up to 100 names & numbers and when you want
    >>call someone stored you just press one button on your control unit,say the
    >>name and hey presto it calls the number for you-very cool.
    >>
    >>The car kit cost me about £85.00 but have a search via goggle.
    >>
    >>Hope this has helped.
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>
    >>Jon
    >>

    >>"Jon" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I need to fit a car kit (proper job not headset!) complete with mute
    >>> lead in my car - what is the best one for the job?
    >>>
    >>> I have been told it will have to be bluetooth as they dont do a wired
    >>> one for the V3. Is this correct?
    >>>
    >>> Also, does anyone know if a carkit that works for a Motorola
    >>> (Bluetooth) will work for Nokia's? I know in theory they should but
    >>> the latest Nokia car kit does not work correctly with a V3 - too much
    >>> feedback/echo at the other end.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Jon

Motorola Bluetooth