Sign in with
Your question

Weird Internet Problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 9, 2012 1:12:14 AM

I am a gamer and I play a couple of different games. League of Legends, WoW, etc. I usually have no connection problems at all. I have fine FPS and my ping is fine. But just recently I have having these ping problems to where every 5 minutes I get ridiculously high ping for approximately 10 seconds at a time. I have not changed where I have had my Desktop and even when my friend came over he also had these weird problems. This has just recently happened and idk what is wrong. My internet service has not been changed or altered in anyway recently and payments have been kept up.

If anyone could help me that would be great because it is getting very annoying.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 10, 2012 1:49:15 AM

There is very little that you can do to adjust the ping that you are getting unless the router is causing it. The ping is the time a signal takes to go to the server and back to you so there could be a lot happening after it leaves you that you can't control.
The router is something that you can control and you can go into the router and set it to default , factory settings in case something changed in there. Also in your computer there are a few things you can do to tweek Windows settings.

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

You can find some helpfull suggestions at his link.
!