A Case with 2 power supplies .

The_Spy

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2002
I have a case with 2 power supplies the one is connectet to my mainboard and the fans and the other is conecte to my 2Hdd's Dvd floppy and cd-wr .For the time is warking perfect .Id like to ask if its going to be a problem in the futer on my Hdd's note the one psu is Atx and the other is At

....Just like the lust time.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Why would it be a problem? I actually recommend AT power supplies when people want to power their drives off a separate supply.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
How is the AT supply turned on? Preferable it should be powered up at the same time as the ATX supply.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

The_Spy

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2002
Thanks for the advises.The psu's separetly turn off/on and i am thinking to connect the at cable on the atx cable so they are going to turn off/on at the same time

....Just like the lust time.

svol

Champion
Sorry but that isn't possible as the AT PSU uses a switch which is directly connected to the electricity input.
ATX PSUs use a diffirent power on style with a low voltage line connected to a button (not a switch) to give a power on signal.

Just power on the drives first and then your mobo.

My CPU runs so hot the arctic silver undergoes nuclear fusion :eek: .<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by svol on 12/07/02 02:55 PM.</EM></FONT></P>