Why Wont my Computer Connect to Cable modems?

Ubertortle

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
I Just switched from DSL to Charter Communications Cable internet. For some reason my computer wont see the internet. I plug the same cord into my brothers computer and the internet works just fine. I plug the same cord back into the DSL and i have internet. I have done troubleshooting and it finds this problem (Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding. I switched to a different cable modem same exact situation. Works on my brothers but not mine. My computer is a much newer and more capable computer then his. When we activated the internet we did it on his computer, but before we switched to charter i plugged the modem in without internet and it seemed to have the same problem. I just got more results on his as it immediately directed my to the charter page at that time. On mine i got nothing. Please Help, ( Also i believe my brother said that it did work on my computer for a few minutes at first but i'm not 100% on that.)

TRENDING THREADS