Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Why is there a switch on home network

Last response: in Networking
December 28, 2012 10:56:34 AM

Hello,
I have installed a Harman/Kardon AVR via Ethernet cable to the router (2wire).It will not connect to the internet. My home network shows the AVR, but linked to a switch from the router. Where does this "switch" come from? How do I get this AVR to connect? I am running win 7, 32 bit.
Thank you in advance.

More about : switch home network

Best solution

December 28, 2012 6:50:19 PM

If you look at the AVR network settings does it have appropriate settings, is it automatic, or manual, and does it say "connected" or "not connected" at the bottom of the network setting page?

The phantom switch is just because Windows doesn't know the device and it looks like a switch and the AVR -- it's just the AVR interface.
January 5, 2013 1:21:49 PM

RealBeast said:
If you look at the AVR network settings does it have appropriate settings, is it automatic, or manual, and does it say "connected" or "not connected" at the bottom of the network setting page?

The phantom switch is just because Windows doesn't know the device and it looks like a switch and the AVR -- it's just the AVR interface.

Thanks, did as you suggested and found out the network setting was not set to automatic, all is well now.
Did not know about phantom swith.
m
l
January 5, 2013 1:22:01 PM

Best answer selected by mrwalterss.
m
l
!