Tv Out - Missing Color

Rex_Blues

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2002
Hi!

I'm not getting any color on my TV when i use the TV-out port on my video-card, only a black and white picture. It's an old TV so i use a S-Video to Composite adapter. The Videocard is a palit Daytona GeForce MX440 with a NV17 TV tuner chip on it. I Can't use the program TV-Tool because it doesn't support the NV17 chip. I have tried both changing the format between PAL & NTSC and changing the output between S-Video & Composite signal but the picture stays the same black&White. Any ideas/suggestions what may be the problem?

Frisbee

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2002
Hi;

I know 1 thing for certain: This hasn't got anything to do with your computer, so the problemmust be your tv or the connection between the two.

I can tell you something else: When I want to watch DVD on my tv through my computer, I have to use one of the "auxiliary" channels on my tv, called A1, A2 etc.
A1 is the VCR.
When I choose A2, I get the picture of the pc in BLACK&WHITE too.
When I choose A3, I get the perfect picture in colours.

So, maybe you should look for another channel, you may find one which shows your pc-screen in colour.

And make sure your pc-to-tv cable is not too long.

Hope this helps;
Carl
Belgium

rlemo

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2002
I use 31 feet of s cable with no problem. I had your same problem and found it to be one of the prongs in the end of my s cable was missing. Only black and white showed up. Took my monster cable back and replaced it with same. Works great.