ch79555

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Hello,

I'm constantly having DNS errors on one laptop on my network. Doesn't matter if it is ethernet or wireless. I've tried all the ipconfig commands I know of, I've messed with router settings but I can't seem to pin down the issue. I know the internet works because I can browse on my phone and desktop no problem. Also confusing me is that online services such as Skype will work fine..I can chat to someone on Skype but I cannot browse at all without getting DNS errors. It used to seem like browsing on the laptop had to "warm up" for a while and then it would finally work after being connected to the network for 15+ minutes but now I can hardly do anything. I'll get constant DNS errors for 20 minutes, then all of a sudden it will work for 2 minutes, then back to DNS errors. Its driving me crazy!!! Has anyone heard of something like this?

RealBeast

Titan
Odd stuff sure can happen with computers. I would try just changing the DNS server in the network control panel, change adapter settings, right click on the adapter, select properties, Internet Protocol Version 4, properties button, then general tab change to use the following DNS server and use 8.8.8.8 (the Google DNS server).

See if that fixes the problem.