Things that really irk me about the V3

Last response: in Brands
March 8, 2005 7:31:50 AM

1) When you put the phone on charge, it changes to the "Loud" ring
setting. It would be good to be able to specify which ring setting you
want it to automatically switch to. Personally I would prefer it went
to vibrate or soft as I keep it on my bed side table at night while on
charge, but having the choice would be nice.

2) Assigning a ringtone to a category works nicely for all those people
associated, but problem is that if they send you an SMS, it does not
take the global setting for text messages, but plays the same ring tone
as if they were calling you. Very confusing when you are fumbling in
your pocket to get the phone and answer a call that isn't actually a
call.

3) When BT headset is connected (virtually of course) none of the
programmed category ringtones work and it always plays some other
default setting regardless of category and the phone doesn't vibrate.

4) Can not ignore a category or group in the phone book. You can
specify one or all but not exclude one, specifically the entries on the
SIM card are what I would like to hide so I don't double up in the
list.

Confirmed with Motorola support that this is how these items are
supposed to work. Has anyone found any work arounds or can provide
suggestions?

Thanks
BennyBoy

--
BennyBoy

More about : things irk

March 8, 2005 11:07:13 AM

"BennyBoy" <BennyBoy.1lk5bm@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

> 1) When you put the phone on charge, it changes to the "Loud" ring
> setting. It would be good to be able to specify which ring setting you
> want it to automatically switch to. Personally I would prefer it went
> to vibrate or soft as I keep it on my bed side table at night while on
> charge, but having the choice would be nice.
>
> 2) Assigning a ringtone to a category works nicely for all those people
> associated, but problem is that if they send you an SMS, it does not
> take the global setting for text messages, but plays the same ring tone
> as if they were calling you. Very confusing when you are fumbling in
> your pocket to get the phone and answer a call that isn't actually a
> call.
>
> 3) When BT headset is connected (virtually of course) none of the
> programmed category ringtones work and it always plays some other
> default setting regardless of category and the phone doesn't vibrate.
>
> 4) Can not ignore a category or group in the phone book. You can
> specify one or all but not exclude one, specifically the entries on the
> SIM card are what I would like to hide so I don't double up in the
> list.
>
> Confirmed with Motorola support that this is how these items are
> supposed to work. Has anyone found any work arounds or can provide
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> BennyBoy
>

> --
> BennyBoy
> brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com/

I find the most annoying thing about the V3 is you can finish typing a text
message and then have to wait for 30 seconds for the phone to catch up with
you
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 7:34:24 PM

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 04:31:50 GMT, BennyBoy <BennyBoy.1lk5bm@WiFi-Forum_dot_com>
thoughtfully tapped the keyboard and opined:

>specifically the entries on the
>SIM card are what I would like to hide so I don't double up in the
>list.
Hiya,

The work around I came up with is to assign a number to each contact--according
to importance, with the highest numbers given to those on the SIM card. This
pushes the SIM contacts to the bottom so that you never have to view them. You
can give them really high numbers to guarantee that you never will see these, or
have to change their numbering. I've seen other work arounds mentioned in this
NG, but I came up with this one myself, and it is very simple and effective. Do
it once and no worries forever. New contacts are numbered accordingly.

Regards,
Ducati
!