Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bluetooth to Computer through phone?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 10, 2012 1:27:37 PM

Can I use my Android phone's bluetooth on my computer? I just want to use my phone as a bluetooth receiver for my PC.
November 10, 2012 3:25:37 PM

Any bloothooth device can connect to another bluetooth device, all you have to do is enable the discover mode on one device and the make you device discoverable on the other. Once they see each other lock it in and your done, now anytime they are both on and blootooth is activated they will see each other. That's how the bluetooth works.
If your wanting to use the bluetooth on your phone and have the phone connected to the Pc by cable , because the Pc does not have a bluetooth device then I don't know if that will work. It will depend on why you want to do that and what you are trying to connect to the Pc.
It might be simpler to just get a usb bluetooth device and plug it into your computer.
m
l
November 10, 2012 3:33:46 PM

There should be an app for it, there was one for phone as webcam called DroidCam. I want a similar app for bluetooth.
m
l
Related resources
November 10, 2012 3:35:12 PM

No such app for Bluetooth. Bluetooth doesn't work that way.
m
l
November 10, 2012 4:20:08 PM

I do happen to have a bluetooth dongle, but when I plug it into my Win7 machine it says "unknown device". Should I find the driver on the manufacturer's website?
m
l

Best solution

November 10, 2012 4:29:10 PM

Yes
November 10, 2012 4:45:50 PM

Best answer selected by DarkBowser.
m
l
!