MN 500 network and internet not availible

I have MN 500 and I am trying to set up the second laptop
on my network with a wireless adapter. I completed the set
up and the network and internet are not availible. I found
some troubleshooting for this problem and it tells me to
go to the "control panel" and click on "network
connections" I don't have a "network connections" all I
have is "network" and i tried that and it doesn't help.
What should I do.

Amanda

PaulO

What version of Windows do you have on the laptop? Win98?

What wireless device are you using? MN-520?