Sign in with
Your question

If I have a full retail product key, can i upgrade/recover?

Last response: in Windows 7
May 23, 2012 8:10:57 PM

There are full retail product keys for sale inexpensively that don't come with the software. If I was to buy one of these product keys, could I install Windows 7 using an upgrade or recovery disk? This would save a lot of money over buying the actual retail version, or even the OEM one.
a b $ Windows 7
May 23, 2012 8:20:40 PM

Watch out, it might not be retail key. Where do you see this at?
a b $ Windows 7
May 23, 2012 8:22:40 PM

+1 rgd1101 this probably a scam,

Where does it come from ?
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 23, 2012 8:56:10 PM

Installation disk images can be downloaded from Digital River (MS's approved digital download source -- http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-is...) for trial installation or for use with a valid product key (if you do not enter a key you have 30 days to try it and then enter a valid key or remove it )

That said as the others have mentioned be sure you are getting a real product key and that it is valid (some sites sell the same keys multiple times thus invalidating them and you will not be able to get a refund !!)
May 23, 2012 9:22:34 PM

I'd call Microsoft customer support about it and whether or not the product keys are official.
a b $ Windows 7
May 23, 2012 9:38:52 PM

Supus said:
There are full retail product keys for sale inexpensively that don't come with the software. If I was to buy one of these product keys, could I install Windows 7 using an upgrade or recovery disk? This would save a lot of money over buying the actual retail version, or even the OEM one.

Such keys are almost certain to be a scam.

As far as I know all windows dvd's are exactly the same, differing only in 32 or 64 bit versions.
It is the product key that unlocks the particular version you install.
a b $ Windows 7
May 23, 2012 9:54:00 PM

I think I know someone that has the brooklyn bidge for sale Cheap. only dolar two ninty-eight.
May 23, 2012 9:58:34 PM

Digital river is who Microsoft uses for distribution. I bought a 3 pack from the Steal Deal when they had it and got it from there.
!