Sign in with
Your question

I want to set my computer to factory setting but...

Last response: in Windows 8
February 23, 2013 1:14:10 AM

Hello,

I bought a bran new desktop. But, something went wrong while installing a korean language pack. (That's the only thing i installed outside of Microsoft word which i highly doubt broke my computer.

So, I recovered it to an earlier point. But, when I recovered it, the windows8 automatic update broke. So, it doesn't update ever.

To make it worst, the internet explorer is broken.

I tried to install a new ie by downloading it off the website through my laptop and transferring an the explorer program by usb.

But, the explorer thing says windows 8 need to update first before I can install the internet explorer. It does the same for google chrome.

I tried to recover the computer through factory setting but it says there was a problem and it's not possible. I should restart the computer and try again. It does that EVERY TIME.

Does anybody know where I can order a recovery CD for windows 8? or how I can fix this.... ?
a b * Windows 8
February 23, 2013 1:23:22 AM

you should have gotten one with your computer or at least a recovery partition or a tool in the windows to make the disc. ask the people who you bought the pc from.
m
l
February 23, 2013 1:27:12 AM

getochkn said:
you should have gotten one with your computer or at least a recovery partition or a tool in the windows to make the disc. ask the people who you bought the pc from.

It was from amazon :(  .... there was no CD with the box.
windows 8 is suppose to have a recovery option by making a recovery usb thing. But it doesn't work. :( 
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/be-r...

it says "we can't create the recovery drive. a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive."
m
l
Related resources
a c 381 * Windows 8
February 23, 2013 1:49:44 AM

You can refresh your Windows installation by holding down shift when selecting Restart from the Charms Menu, but it will probably ask for the Installation disk.
Found this site which may be of use if you can download and create your own disk.
http://www.pcdiy.com/1228/windows-8-iso-download-64-bit...
It even has the Korean version. You would need your Product Key if you re--install, should be on your case.
Edit
What the site doesn't tell you is you need a M'soft Subscription account, which probably costs more than your computer! This probably means applying to your Vendor for a disk. Unless you want to try one of the P2P sites for the ISO, I have no experience using them.
You can always try the Refresh option and hope the disk not asked for...
m
l
!