Sign in with
Your question

PSU to be future proof for new cpu's and Vid cards

Last response: in Components
December 9, 2002 4:01:22 PM

I am having some instability when gaming and have a generic 300w psu. If I buy a new PSU I want it to be able to handle the new more powerful cpu's and Vid cards coming out in the nex few years. I doubt I will be using 2 hard drives probably a couple optical drives 1 HD and all the regular stuff but probably a very good Vid card and CPU....so what do I need ?? a name brand 360W maybe 430?..please help!!
December 9, 2002 5:27:20 PM

360W is close to the recommendations some videocard companies give today. But a 430W should be able to run future CPUs and graphic cards.

But instability under gaming doesn't always have to mean that your PSU is causing it.

My CPU runs so hot the arctic silver undergoes nuclear fusion :eek:  .
December 9, 2002 7:26:59 PM

My readings on MBM are all on the low side and drop further when gaming and I lock up alot when gaming as well... but your right im not 100% sure it's the PSU but it seems fairly possible.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by deee12 on 12/09/02 04:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
December 9, 2002 10:55:31 PM

I have good experience with ENERMAX EG465P. It should be more than enough for most people.
December 10, 2002 12:57:35 PM

Well looks like the PSU is the fault. But you can always try installing the latest graphics and chipset drivers first.

My CPU runs so hot the arctic silver undergoes nuclear fusion :eek:  .
!