Default mail client windows 7

G

Hello,
Hi! How do I set the default mail client on my Windows 7 equipped Sony Vaio laptop so I can send photos, etc., from my libraries?

Thanks! Gary

isamuelson

Distinguished
Did you install one? Windows 7 doesn't come with one by default. You can download Windows Mail via the Windows Live Essentials page.

Better yet, get Mozilla Thunderbird. Once either is installed, they should be set up to be the default email client.

Mikey_81

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Even better, get yourself an email account at yahoo.com. Your email will be kept on their site and you don't have to worry about your email if you have to rebuild your computer. I lost my email several times before I started using yahoo. Of course, I play with things that sometimes break my Windows installation.:)

Mikey

djcoolmasterx

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007

Or gmail which sucks considerably less.

Even with a mail client you'll still need either a gmail or a yahoo account. I keep several email accounts through gmail. it's nice not to have to access them one at a time to check my mail. Plus you can set it so that the mail stays in the inbox or is moved to storage or is deleted when it is accessed remotely. (at least in gmail.) I use outlook but would recommend thunderbird if you don't have outlook.