Computer wont start up.

math_eeu

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hello,
My computer crashed after playing a game, crashing the whole computer. Since then, when I startup my computer, it says CPU Fan error (has been even before that) and tells me to press F1. This F1 button pressing was a routine long before the error, and now when I do, it doesnt go past that F1 screen. I also recently got Windows 7, so I dont know if that is the problem. Help :)

math_eeu

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Yes, it is. It is the only header dedicated for that fan, and there are no other connectors.
I don't think it is the fan cause we had that message for around 1-2 years.
I personally think its the Graphic card because usually when i press F1, before this error, NUMLOCK would turn on right after, and it still does right now.

math_eeu

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Yes, and I got it fixed. I found out that the CPU fan was in the wrong slot on the motherboard, and because of that all the other fans were trying to do the CPU fan's job. So i connected it to the 4-needle one which was the CPU fan slot, and also used the windows 7 disc to reinstall the CPU fan drivers because they apparently uninstalled, which was causing the problem. Everything is fine now!
Thanks for the help guys anyways :)