Windows Update not working, ActiveX not running, Cryptographic errors

My Information Bar is not showing, so I can't activate the ActiveX Control (I tried to do a Windows Update today and the computer will not do same without the ActiveX Control, which I can't get because there is no Information Bar to make that possible). How do I get the Information Bar to show up on my IE 8 screen (I understand that it should be right under the Address Window)? I think that, when Microsoft installed IE 8 for me a short time ago during an automatic update procedure, even though I had not asked for that to be done, that is when the Information Bar disappeared. I'm just guessing at that, but I think that is when that happened. Would appreciate your help with how I may get that Information Bar back on my IE 8 screen.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows update working activex running cryptographic errors
  1. Homer_1 said:
    My Information Bar is not showing, so I can't activate the ActiveX Control (I tried to do a Windows Update today and the computer will not do same without the ActiveX Control, which I can't get because there is no Information Bar to make that possible). How do I get the Information Bar to show up on my IE 8 screen (I understand that it should be right under the Address Window)? I think that, when Microsoft installed IE 8 for me a short time ago during an automatic update procedure, even though I had not asked for that to be done, that is when the Information Bar disappeared. I'm just guessing at that, but I think that is when that happened. Would appreciate your help with how I may get that Information Bar back on my IE 8 screen.

Uninstall the IE8 update, if you know that is the problem. Check the update box in add/remove programs, scroll down to IE .
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Explorer Windows Update Activex Windows 7