Can't turn camera shutter sound off: Motorolla V710???

Last response: in Brands
March 13, 2005 6:21:16 PM

Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
but none is not an option?

Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
that I can see the whole menu.

Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
phone? Thanks,

Rob
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 8:49:56 PM

I don't think you can turn it off. I remember reading sometime back
about a new Federal law that prohibits cell phones with cameras being
able to take a picture silently. Guess there were too many people
snapping photos in inopportune places and uploading them to the
internet without permissions.
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 12:36:00 AM

"Rob B" <bertbarndoor@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e29ccc85.0503131521.6be61ad0@posting.google.com...
> Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
> on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
> forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
> but none is not an option?
>
> Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
> video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
> can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
> always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
> that I can see the whole menu.
>
> Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
> phone? Thanks,

No idea about the exterior but why not upload a silent sound and use that for the camera

Ewan
March 16, 2005 3:00:02 AM

Rob B wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
> on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
> forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
> but none is not an option?

Set the ringer as vibrate or vibrate and ring.

> Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
> video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
> can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
> always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
> that I can see the whole menu.
>
> Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
> phone? Thanks,
>
> Rob
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 7:29:36 PM

C'mon guys!! I can't believe that someone in this thread believes that
federal law makes it illegal to take a photo silently. (Gwarsh)! Of course
you can turn off the shutter sound:

1. Go into the camera mode - as if about to snap a photo
(just press the top button along the right edge)

2. Click Menu --> Pictures Setup

3. Scroll down to Shutter Tone and click CHANGE

4. Choose NONE.

On my version, the choices are: None, Chimp, Quack, Flix, Boing, Click
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 8:26:24 PM

I do believe that some countries disables that option, but you would figure
a seem edit would let you re-enable it.

!