Sign in with
Your question

What's Up America?

Tags:
Last response: in News & Leisure
May 27, 2011 3:15:34 AM

Seems like our own people are being abused. Now, I won't go explaining myself, but it seems that if we are the greatest nation on earth that our people should be able to live a fairly good life..not have to be slave to the government, military and the larger corporations.

I am NOT trying to be a conspiracy nut, I am just concerned for my fellow Americans.

More about : america

May 28, 2011 11:55:19 AM

dogman_1234 said:
Seems like our own people are being abused. Now, I won't go explaining myself, but it seems that if we are the greatest nation on earth that our people should be able to live a fairly good life..not have to be slave to the government, military and the larger corporations.

This part made me laugh. (This is probably due to the language barrier)

I agree with oldmangamer, add that I think it's a global phenomenon.
People are more wary vis-à-vis their own governments and solidarity vis-à-vis their compatriots in distress.
Related resources
May 28, 2011 12:15:52 PM

No ... it is not a language barrier gropouce ... your interpretation is correct.

The "greatest nation on earth is Teh United States of Doggy" ...

It will shortly be a wholely owned subsidiary of Chengsung Automobiles.

Doggy and his kids will be rice farmers ...

May 28, 2011 12:31:27 PM

gropouce said:
This part made me laugh. (This is probably due to the language barrier)

I agree with oldmangamer, add that I think it's a global phenomenon.
People are more wary vis-à-vis their own governments and solidarity vis-à-vis their compatriots in distress.

Reynod said:
No ... it is not a language barrier gropouce ... your interpretation is correct.

The "greatest nation on earth is Teh United States of Doggy" ...

It will shortly be a wholly owned subsidiary of Chengsung Automobiles.

Doggy and his kids will be rice farmers ...

I was talking to Americans in general. If we claim to be the greatest nation, why do we have to be in trouble all the time? Why do we have to fight wars we are never suppose to go into, why are the people not standing up for their rights as citizens, why is the US government so corrupt?

If you laugh at me for wishing my country well, that is your issue. If you are from another country and try to show me how stupid I am,( yes some Americans are stupid), then you are wasting our time.

May 28, 2011 12:41:37 PM

dogman_1234 said:

If you laugh at me for wishing my country well, that is your issue. If you are from another country and try to show me how stupid I am,( yes some Americans are stupid), then you are wasting our time.

"The GREATEST" made me laugh. I was thinking "who's second? who's last"?
Some Americans are stupids, as we have stupids persons in France, Australia, Germany etc... no problem with this
But why do YOU have to claim that you're the greatest nation all over the world? you are too closed to understand that we are all on an equal footing or what?
May 28, 2011 12:50:20 PM

^ I said I WAS NOT SAYING THAT!!! GEEZ. It was a directed question at Americans in general. The mindset was put in place for a long time,( after the founding Fathers i think). Gamer should be here.

America in general think that the greatest country is itself. Just ask any American, but not me.
May 28, 2011 1:57:28 PM

Militarily, economically the US is ahead, bar none.
Since Somalia, the US has taken on the "policing" of the world, and has created its own mindset, where if things arent just so, the panic button gets pushed.
Driving this is several things, oil, instability in neighboring regions and the ever increasing abilities of other countries being able to reach atomic capability
I laugh at those to this day scoff at the cold war etc, but cling to the policing concept
The liberals made it a payday dissing the cold war, its needs etc, yet they want us to police the world, tell Israel what to do etc.
Theyre like a fungus that needs a cure, and we are that cure
Until others wake up and notice somethings living off of them, we will continue with this folly
May 28, 2011 2:26:13 PM

dogman_1234 said:
^ I said I WAS NOT SAYING THAT!!! GEEZ. It was a directed question at Americans in general. The mindset was put in place for a long time,( after the founding Fathers i think). Gamer should be here.

America in general think that the greatest country is itself. Just ask any American, but not me.

Ah ok.
My english is not perfect, that's not what i was understanding.
May 28, 2011 5:43:41 PM

Quote:
France remains on Red Alert. French surrender still imminent.

:heink: 

Is it true that we have a reputation of surrenders?

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Indeed we have to be forgiving of language barriers. I applaud gropouce for participating in the discussion in English, not his native tongue.

America as the greatest nation. Hmmmm. It is a mindset, I agree dogman. This mindset drives one to action however. Whether that action is for good or evil depends on ones moral compass, and sense of right and wrong. I feel for some time, America's moral compass has been eroded from within.

Our universities teach our business leaders and political leaders that if it serves themselves, then it is right. They don't teach the future CEO of large corporation to ask the question "ok, this decision is going to make us big profits, but is it the right or correct thing to do? How will this affect other people, my employees, etc?" They are taught that if it makes a profit, then it is right. That is NOT capitalism, that is anarchy.

Our universities churn out ruling elite pukes, that are self serving and use our political system to enrich and gratify themselves. This was not always so in our history. We once had great statesmen to lead our country into the future. Men who understood what the engine of America is, freedom and capitalism, rugged individualism, and self-reliance.

Ask yourself, what makes America different from the rest of the world. We have people living here from practically every nation on earth. Is our DNA different? Are people somehow transformed when they step onto American soil?

How in less than 150 years did a fledgling country of immigrants become the dominant economic and military superpower on the planet? Hell China has been a nation for thousands of years, why are they not settling the planet Mars by now? They are quickly becoming a prosperous superpower but that is only by emulating American capitalism in "pockets" around their rather large country.

Ask yourself what is it? What is different? The answer is simple if you are not afraid to accept it.

America gives ordinary people the freedom to do extraordinary things, or used to rather.

Freedom. Get the hell out of the way, and let people live free and go about their business. Then watch out. You will be amazed by what people can achieve.

America is the exception to world history. This is because the history of the world is tyranny, slavery, despotism, military dictatorships, conquest. America is the exception. You might argue that America had slaves for two centuries and we are hypocrites. That is fair, but you must also acknowledge our founding fathers had the wisdom to put forth the mechanism for its people to change that, our US Constitution. And we did change it, after a bloody bloody war between brothers.

Americans are waking up, slowly but surely. There is a political awakening happening here and around the world. I just hope the ruling elite do not start another world war to plunge us back into slumber, but I feel we are moving in that direction on a global scale.

speaking like a child prodigy.
Especially for the last two paragraphs (the other, I'm not sure I got it all)
May 28, 2011 6:54:41 PM

it has already taken twenty minutes to understand your text! ^^
I can't imagine how long it would take to give you my point of view (with the risk of not being understood because of a more approximate English)
But I'll try, i promise.
May 28, 2011 9:18:01 PM

dogman_1234 unless you provide examples, your post is just troublemaking.
May 29, 2011 1:29:45 AM

doive1231 said:
dogman_1234 unless you provide examples, your post is just troublemaking.

Explain?

Oh and here is a song to one thing America 'miscalculated' on.

For our french friend, we screwed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqAnQnerFr0
May 29, 2011 1:39:57 AM

@gropouce:

Mon cher ami français, il vous semble et je dois répondre à des peines de certains comment. Bien que je ne parle pas français, je ne si, souhaitez-vous porter à la connaissance de la façon dont pensent les Américains. Puissiez-vous vous joindre à moi dans une conversation intellectuelle?
May 29, 2011 2:52:47 AM

Ha ... that made me feel ill and your grammar is very bad doggy.

Just stick to English or you will upset gropouce.

The only way to use the translator is to feed in short active sentences and double check them by translating back before you send them.

Remember his English is pretty good.

:) 

May 29, 2011 8:00:27 AM

dogman_1234 said:
@gropouce:

Mon cher ami français, il vous semble et je dois répondre à des peines de certains comment. Bien que je ne parle pas français, je ne si, souhaitez-vous porter à la connaissance de la façon dont pensent les Américains. Puissiez-vous vous joindre à moi dans une conversation intellectuelle?

^^

Avec plaisir, Monsieur, (but Reynod is right... except for my language level, he's right)

I read again this topic and it appears, with misunderstanding dissipated, i've not many things to say, unless for the moment. But i keep reading, participating.
May 29, 2011 1:21:30 PM

I realise I was having some grammar problems with that translator when I evidently facepalmed god ...

:) 

May 29, 2011 5:34:34 PM

gropouce said:
^^

Avec plaisir, Monsieur, (but Reynod is right... except for my language level, he's right)

I read again this topic and it appears, with misunderstanding dissipated, i've not many things to say, unless for the moment. But i keep reading, participating.

I must apologize for my behavior. I got kind of mad at you for no reason. If it were an actual conversation face-to-face, the I would understand that there is a language barrier.
May 29, 2011 8:50:16 PM

I understand.Do'nt be sorry.
It's me who takes the initiative to come on a forum English, is for me to make efforts to talk (AND understand). I would certainly react like you.
May 29, 2011 9:46:00 PM

^Well, thanks for the understanding...both for the apology and the English.
May 31, 2011 8:15:23 PM

http://www.cracked.com/article_18409_the-5-most-statist...***-national-stereotypes.html

read the first one it debunks the French as being "Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys"

they actually have a pretty good battle record.

Quote:
Since 387 BC, France has fought 168 major wars against such badasses as the Roman Empire, the British Army and the Turkish forces. Their track record isn't too shabby, either: They've won 109, lost 49 and drawn (or as close as you can "draw" a war) 10 times. Professional boxers have been crowned world champions on shittier records than that.
June 1, 2011 5:34:44 AM

Hmm stereotypes origins are strange...
but with a so small president licking Obama's ass, it could have been worse.
June 1, 2011 11:14:49 AM

109 out of 168 is pretty awesome.

If you count Vietnam as a loss (as any sane person does) then Australia's track record is 2 out of 3.

Mind you nobody wants to invade us ... what with the sharks in our moat ... the redback spiders, world's nastiest snake collection, blue ringed octopus ...

By the time an army trecked down from the Northern states they would be lucky to have half the troups left ...

We would be waiting with a beer though ...

To congratulate the soldiers left alive ...

June 1, 2011 2:04:58 PM

^ Can i haz a beer?
June 1, 2011 3:51:19 PM

Cripes no ... your under age.

Finish your A+ and get your driver's license first !!!
June 1, 2011 10:18:46 PM

^ Sorry. Had to ask.

BTW, been slow on the A+ due to funds and the workload.
June 2, 2011 2:57:07 PM

At the ripe old age of 51, I've gotten to see my country decay, and I am utterly saddened, horrified, and furious. Oldmangamer, it is sad just how correct you are; how corrupt this society has become. Worse, most of the "fixes" are self-evident, as is the reason they will never be implemented by the parasites to whom we have ceded too much power. I am very glad to see the TSA is finally getting the attention it deserves, and hopefully won't last much longer.
Tens of thousands of Americans did not go ashore at Normandy for the likes of Barrack Hussein 0bama. Bastogne wasn't held so Parasite Clinton could get head there.
Ah well. It will get worse, a lot worse, before it gets better, BUT, because our ideals are in our people, not our government, America may stumble badly, but it will not fall. If his goal was to be the Last President of the United States, I am confident that 0bama will fail; he seems good at failure.
June 2, 2011 3:19:41 PM

/contacts the EPA to report the water dosing levels have dropped off in two states.

June 2, 2011 9:29:51 PM

Correction to all: ALL president after Kennedy,( LBJ to BHO,) have sold OUR souls to the devil for their own pleasure.

Whatever policies we have enacted we need to clean the Constitution and start with a clean slate, BY THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DARN IT!
!