Broadcast Microphone comparisons

Last response: in Home Audio
November 28, 2004 12:19:52 AM

I own the RE-20 and was wondering what the best broadcast microphone is --
RE-27, Rodes Broadcaster, etc.

John
Frankin221@aol.com
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 12:19:53 AM

FRankin221 <frankin221@aol.com> wrote:
>I own the RE-20 and was wondering what the best broadcast microphone is --
>RE-27, Rodes Broadcaster, etc.

Well, it used to be that the 77DX was the best broadcast mike. But then
all of a sudden, everyone hated the 77DX and they threw them away to use
the 421. But then, the 421 become unfashionable, and everyone went to
replace their 421 with the RE-20. Now I am seeing folks replacing their
RE-20s with SM-7s and with RE-27s.

As for me, I'll take the 77DX, personally. But I don't like the huge peaky
top end that is the currently fashionable sound.
--scott
November 28, 2004 12:32:12 AM

Thansk for the info.
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 3:49:44 AM

Most places today, RE20s and SM7s
Many find the RE27 too bright.
Still a lot of U87's and U89's around in many FM operations and for
station production work.

On 27 Nov 2004 21:19:52 GMT, frankin221@aol.com (FRankin221) wrote:

>I own the RE-20 and was wondering what the best broadcast microphone is --
>RE-27, Rodes Broadcaster, etc.
>
>John
>Frankin221@aol.com

Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Voice-overs, Newscaster, Engineering and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada
radiovoiceone@hotmail.com
Anonymous
November 28, 2004 6:23:29 AM

On 27 Nov 2004 21:19:52 GMT, frankin221@aol.com (FRankin221) wrote:

>I own the RE-20 and was wondering what the best broadcast microphone is --
>RE-27, Rodes Broadcaster, etc.

The RE-20 is the best if you are broadcasting on location from a bar,
and will need to use it in a bar fight. Damn thing will probably still
be working after cracking a few skulls.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band http://www.bigbluebigband.org
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:49:47 PM

"Willie K.Yee, M.D." <wkyee@bestweb.netttttttttttttttt> wrote in message
> On 27 Nov 2004 21:19:52 GMT, frankin221@aol.com (FRankin221) wrote:
>
> >I own the RE-20 and was wondering what the best broadcast microphone
is --
> >RE-27, Rodes Broadcaster, etc.
>
> The RE-20 is the best if you are broadcasting on location from a bar,
> and will need to use it in a bar fight. Damn thing will probably still
> be working after cracking a few skulls.
>
> Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
> Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
> Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band
http://www.bigbluebigband.org

LOL!
!