Solved

Problems sending POP3 email through AT&T Uverse

I have AT&T Uverse and was using Outlook 2007 on Win 7. It suddenly stopped being able to send email through AT&T (receiving mail was fine). I'd get this message:

Task '<EmailAddress>@att.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I'd reset my cable modem/router (which I connect to through a cable) and it wouldn't matter, turning off the firewall (Windows Defender) and rebooting didn't either. I contacted AT&T and, of course, they said that they don't support email clients and that I was SOL because I could send and receive from their web-based mail. I went to Thunderbird thinking that the problem was Outlook and that worked fine for a while and then the similar problem occurred. I ended up getting a new Win 8 ripping fast PC a few weeks back and installed Outlook 2007 a week or so ago. Now, lo and behold, the problem has returned. After a week of everything being fine, it happened again.

Has anyone else had this problem, either with AT&T or another ISP?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problems sending pop3 email uverse
  1. Best answer
    Some ISPs filter outgoing email to help prevent viruses sending spam from PCs. If this is your case, then you are out of luck.
  2. Best answer selected by kihilind.
  3. This is a never ending problem with AT&T's (actually Yahoo's) POP servers.
  4. My daughter has Uverse; she likes the speed but hates the overall service.
Ask a new question

Read More

At&T Internet Service Providers Email Networking