v300 stopwatch app

does anyone know of a stopwatch app for the v300?
thanks
lazer
8 answers Last reply
More about v300 stopwatch

    "bruce lazer yahoo.com>" <brucelazer@<nospam> wrote in message
    > does anyone know of a stopwatch app for the v300?
    > thanks
    > lazer

    I wanted a stop-watch on my V551 and so I contacted BVRP Software. They
    told me that even if I developed such an application, their (BVRP's) tools
    could not be used to download it to the phone since Motorola does not
    provide the information needed to download anything other than screen
    savers, ring-tones and address books.

    --Suresh

    I have a stopwatch app that runs on my v180.

    'Here is a link to download it.' (http://tinyurl.com/6cng2)

    Hope this helps.

    --
    okigriff

    very nice

    i put in on my v551 and v400

    thanks

    "MiniSports" <MiniSports@roverracing.com> wrote in message
    > very nice
    >
    > i put in on my v551 and v400
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:27:36 -0600, okigriff
    > <okigriff.1m2fvy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >I have a stopwatch app that runs on my v180.
    > >
    > >'Here is a link to download it.' (http://tinyurl.com/6cng2)
    > >
    > >Hope this helps.

    Very glad to learn that I was misinformed by BVRP Software about being able
    to download java application to the V551. Please provide instructions on
    how you installed the jar file: which software, which cable, which location
    on the phone the file was downloaded to etc.

    Thanks,

    --Suresh

    first go to this site:

    http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/

    i am assuming you have teh usb cable , since you have mobile phone
    tools, if not go get one
    ..
    get the following apps

    1. jadgen.zip - this will generate the jad from your jar
    2. midway2.8.rar - this will upload the jad file
    3. pst 6.7_general - install first, this will enable the java app
    loader
    4. pst 6.7_patch - install second, this is the patch if you are
    running xp sp1 or xp sp2
    5. pst 6.7 unipatch by m2teusz - this is the patch so you will not get
    the "security key missing" error message when you run pst 6.7
    6. get xlr8 guide to csutomizing your vxxx phone.

    to be able to upload jar files to your phone, you need to enable the
    "java app loader"

    you can do that with pst 6.7.

    power up phone, connect your phone to pc with usb
    start pst (phone programmer) file > new Kjava File > click on " read
    data from phone"
    click on "enable/disable java apploader menu" write to phone, restart
    phone.

    to upload java apps or games to phone

    power on phone, settings > java settings > java app loader >
    when it says "insert cable now ", plug in cable and launch midway 2.8.
    click on a "jad file" then upload "jar" , click "download on right
    soft key" do not interrupt upload.

    hth

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 03:43:48 GMT, "Suresh Govindachar"
    <sgovindachar@com.yahoo> wrote:

    >"MiniSports" <MiniSports@roverracing.com> wrote in message
    >> very nice
    >>
    >> i put in on my v551 and v400
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:27:36 -0600, okigriff
    >> <okigriff.1m2fvy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >I have a stopwatch app that runs on my v180.
    >> >
    >> >'Here is a link to download it.' (http://tinyurl.com/6cng2)
    >> >
    >> >Hope this helps.
    >
    >Very glad to learn that I was misinformed by BVRP Software about being able
    >to download java application to the V551. Please provide instructions on
    >how you installed the jar file: which software, which cable, which location
    >on the phone the file was downloaded to etc.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >--Suresh

    "bruce lazer yahoo.com>" <brucelazer@<nospam> wrote in message
    > does anyone know of a stopwatch app for the v300?
    > thanks
    > lazer

    For what is this app stopwatch !? It's a game or util for something ? Never
    heard before....

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:28:26 -0500, bruce lazer
    <brucelazer@<nospam>yahoo.com> wrote:

    >does anyone know of a stopwatch app for the v300?
    >thanks
    >lazer

    thanks okigriff that's exactly what I was looking for! works great!

    also looking for a metric conversion app

    thanks
    lazer

    you are quite welcome. glad to be of assistance. :)

    --
    okigriff

Motorola